yaris 1.3 engine tuning

wwagih

Car
yaris 1.3
hello guys, i'm just new here and i was wondering if anyone has an expereince of tuning up a toyota yaris 1.3 engine? i use the car in autocrossing and i have only installed a cold air intake, what else would you suggest? thanx.

Hello there and may I wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is nice to meet you. I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

Are there any rules in autocross re Modifications? If not then a fast road cam, supercharger and close ratio gearbox would be awesome mods.

thx waynne,
what about the engine control management? does it really increases performance? like megasquirt and so?

It does, the Toyota ECU's are locked so can't be remapped. Expect another 10% max from a new ECU.

I know a lot of Toyota guys have been using the APexi Power FC ecu's.

hello Waynne, there are no rules in autocross for modifications, a fast road cam will result in an increase in top speed only (as far as i understand) but what i need is to increase the accelaration in the 1st and 2nd gear, that's all needed for autocross in egypt. so i installed a cold air intake filter, i tried the sport exhaust muffler but there was no effect although i have removed the catlytic filter. so does remapping or an aftermarket ecu would help in increasing the accelaration as ai need? some people suggested Link engine management G4 storm wire-in. but does "wire-in" means that it will be connected to the original ecu throuh cutting the wires? i also know it will not increase more than 10% hp, so do u think it worth the cost?

The biggest increase you will get powerwise is 20% for many different mods combined.

Weight reduction will help. Also I'd consider a lower ratio gearbox.

Have you thought about a supercharger?

most of tuners do not recommend a supercharger for the 1.3 engine. all i need is a reasonable improvement in accelarating from 0-100, it's now in 9.7 sec

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back