Wheels & tyre pressure

Skywalker87

Car
Audi A3 1.8T
Torque cars

I have had my A3 for 6 months now and have had coil-over installed (AP). I have the Audi TT wheels 9 spoke 18 inch (225/40/18), recently I have been wondering if these are the most suitable wheels for the car? The ride is understandably quite stiff to the point I can feel the road, the ride is still comfortable though. I just wanted to know if these are the best size whhels to have on the A3 etc? And what is the best pressure to have in the wheels (currently at 30 PSI all round, as Mr Quick fit recommended)

Hey and welcome. 18s seem to be a good size to run although the ride can be hard this might not be helped by the AP coilovers as i belive these are quite firm as well.

the bora has the same chassis as the A3 and running 17s with 225/45 TT wheels and the ride isnt bad although im on standard sports suspension.

also im running 32psi and finding it the best compromise - general rule of thumb ignore all comments made by mr quick fix

I suppose Mr Quick Fit offers the average motorist a safe pressure to have in the wheels...So have you heard good or bad feedback about the AP coilovers? I like the stiffness when it comes to the bendy bits it feels so right so iguess you cant have the best of both worlds unfortunately.