What would you spend £1000 on

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
If you had £1000 to spend on your car what would you spend it on?

I would go for a remap, sports exhaust and diverter valve.

sell my car and add to the 1k and buy a decent car does that count??

If not i would get some alloys, sound system and lower if thats under 1000 pound

lots of fluffy pink stuff ;) lol (joking of course)

not sure really so much i want.

prob be: lift kit, some checker plate for the boot, wheel spaces and some 33'' tyres

any loose change would go into respay piggy bank :)

Convert my car to Coilover suspension.:bigsmile:

haha - opposite to me then. I'm about to take my coil-overs off. Now I have the R36 for "sporty" the W8 is going comfort again. The coilovers are hard as rock and completely intolerable on country lanes.

replace all the parts that are braking on my car :lol:

if they were fine, maybe upgraded calipers, pads, disc's and sort out the suspension with coilovers and antiroll bars

I'd get better brakes. It would be quite nice to stop when I need to. When I really really need to.

ooooh money! pay off my student debt? haha i would put it toward blueprinting, at least trying to squeeze 15-25hp out of the engine. maybe a turbo? I've not been involved in cars for a few months now, not sure what the prices are anymore - i mostly know about MRSA recently :confused:

How much is blueprinting anyway? :lol:

Try a quarter!

true depends on how much you look into it. found brembos from the earlier lambo dilabo for around £60. reason is thy are fitted to some E38 Beemers as standard. shame you need big discs for them :(

supose i could have done mine for that using the half pads i got with the callipers and the original discs

£1000 goes a lot further if you cannablise cars from the breakers yards. You could pickup a decent set of wheels, performance brakes and maybe even a leather interior within this sort of budget!

Last edited by a moderator:
i would get myself all the materials and parts i would need to build my Haynes Roadster including the engine and drive train from a donor Sierra, and a mig welder so i can crack on with the chassis :lol:

Respray a couple of car panels which have some annoying NCP damage on them, then a full external professional valet with clay bars and everything, then have it all sealed with Supagard :)