What would be your ideal car...

Same to you numpty, read what I said yourself. I didn't say one would beat a Z-tune, I said an R34. I think it's that time of the month again by the sounds of it LMAO @ Sleeper.

First a z tune is an R34 skyline
You chose to use the top factory spec manaro in you comparison - I was just recpricating with the top spec R34 which seemed fair to me.

Anyone can say they have a youtube video proving their point.
It is worthless without confirmed specs since it could be a non turbo 2 litre 4 door r34 against a racing manaro
Still it would be nice to see this slaughter ???

On the other hand my info isnt a video we have not seen but confirmed independantly recorded track times around the best test track on the planet

The best manaro time ever recorded there does not get near 15 year old stock R33GTR times (of which there are more than a few) . In fact around the ring in it is slower by about half a minute !!!

Look if you prefer the manaro thats absolutely fine by me and you dont need to justify your choice - after all thats what the thread about , but.....
when you talk about track performance please use confirmed facts which is what mine are.

Last edited:
Not disputing that at all. Also the VXR500 isn't the top spec one available, just my fave one. I was mearly using the vids as examples. The league of the 2 cars couldn't be further apart either. The R34 is a road going track monster and have nothing but respect for them and the Monaro is a just a simple huge engined beast that has the bonus of power, very cheap to buy for what power you get, very good on fuel considering the size of engine.

The stats I got from Vauxhalls own site in regards to the standard VXR500, the video is just one I stumbled on and i'm sure the Z-tune would wipe the floor with MOST road going cars.

But heres the vid of the 2 racing. The Monaro is the american version which is a GTO and has 2 turbos. The Skyline is a twin turbo GTR and you'll see the power it has towards the end. Just a shame it doesn't show more of the race...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MFw3wO39Gk

So it is actually a twin turbo Pontiac GTO not a monaro overtaking a skyline (which by the way is a 33 not a 34) on one straight..........

and a standard 34GTR isnt a track monster its totally driveable around town untill you tune them over about 450bhp