URGENT fiat punto broke down right now M25

Theheap

Wrench Pro
Car
Fiat Punto 1.2 8v
Hi, my mk1 1.1 fiat punto has just broke down on the M25, Im sitting in it right now. The red injector light came up on the dash and I lost all power. It will turn over but not fire up.

Please help I have no breakdown cover so Im in lumber

Its a difficult situation and you have my sympathies! The only thing is to check all pipes and connections and make sure everything is connected.
Your fuel gauge may be telling fibs too!
Do you know anyone in the AA or RAC that could come out to you? If they are in the car then the recovery chaps will come out.

I am actually back at home. The car is sitting on the M20 by the M26 junction.

The car is getting spark and fuel is spraying from the little injector in the spi unit but the plugs are BONE dry.

I'm baffled....

first thing to do is i would suggest if you have not done it allready is to ring the police on there non-emergency number, they may be able to help you remove your car before there is a accident or a patrol car find its and has it towed away thinking it has been nicked and dumped or someting like that.
do you have a red key for yout fiat? if so try using that to start the car with, as the red key is a coded key, other than that i would see if any one you knows has a code reader you can plug into the OBD port or take get the car to a garage.

if i was you i would ring up the aa and join they will come out right away then

was going to say coil pack as they are commen to pack up
but could be a crack shaft sensor

Got no red key. Don't know anyone with a code reader. I have been all over the net and no one has an idea of what the problem is.

Has anyone else had the red injector light come up?

the light will come on to tell you there is a fault, this fault will be recorded by your vehicles ECU and it could be triggered by many problems from injector issues to saftey issues to a sensor fault and so on, if you car will not start then there is obviously a major fault
i suggest your first step is to get the car recovered before you have the police on your door step or depending on where the car is you cause a crash and some one is seriously injured or worse, then deal with the repairs to your car afterwards...

Someone might be coming to me to go back to the car with an aa card. It is in a safe place ( know this because the highways agency people said it's alright where it is) It's on the grass beyond the hard shoulder.

This is the WORST car i have ever owned. it has broken down every week for the past 2 months and i was on my way to swap it for a nice 320ise and it packed up 18 miles from my house. aaaaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhh

I've just had a quick google and from what I can make out it's either going to be the immobiliser (if it has one) or a fuel injection fault. But either one I'd would imagine it needs to go to a garage.

crankshaft sensor would be my guess., but if thers fuel and spark, then that sounds more like either contaminated fuel or worse snapped cam belt.

Well peeps i have just ha it dragged back and i got a feeling the belt has jumped a tooth.

Will check it in the morning and let you know the out come.

Thanks, Terry

It's a 1997 model 8v

Right i have just put the timing back where it should be and it fired up no problem. GREAT STUFF.......

NOT, Now the cam shaft has just snapped after letting it run on the drive for 20 mins or so.

Fiats, aren't they just the best.....

Should be back on the road by 5 ish, scrappy has a few and they're pretty cheap. Just waiting for a lift down there so again i will let you all know the out come later.

Wish me luck

Morning all, i got the new head from the scrappy and fitted it yesterday afternoon and so far so good. I done about 90+ miles to make sure everything is a ok. So fingers crossed it stays that way.

Cheers everyone for trying to help