type r alarm

stocken1332

hi i have just purchasd a 2004 civic type r. i need to let me insurance company know details about the alarm and immobiliser. i know they are both cat 1 as standard but can anyone give me more details

Hi stocken1332. You went for it the? What did you think of the performance then?

Is the alarm the standard one - of so the insurers have already taken this into account when rating the premium. If it has been fitted later you will need to supply a fitting certificate which will have the Thatcham rating.

yes its the standard one on a 54 plate.
i am well impressed with car. its spot on. just trying to find a decent exhaust and induction kit now to give it that little extra over all the standard civics but its a lot harder to find parts for an honda in the uk than it was my vts

Glad you are enjoying it. The standard Honda exhaust is hard to beat - to get better you need to spend a big wadge of cash and get a good quality exhaust. I would probably wait a bit - enjoy the car as standard then mod it up and it will be like having a new car all over again :wink:

What colour did you go for?

i went for the cosmic grey. seems to be a lot rarer than the others with it only coming out in 2004. think it was the inside that swayed me most with the red and black sports seat and all silver parts. no need to waste cash doing it up now

Very nice. I do especially like the interior. Do keep us posted with your first impressions of the car.