Thinking of selling the W8...

RobBentley

The Torque Meister
Car
Audi RS6 C6 Saloon
Hey All.

Sad times, but I am thinking of parting with my beloved W8, despite only just fitting all new suspension to it :S - Just need to try and work out how much its worth now. Unfortunately its worth more to me than any buyer will ever appreciate.

The car runs like new with a new torque converter and refurb gearbox, complete new aircon system, new PAS hoses and pump, all new shocks, springs + arb, 5k mile oil changes, engine remap, as-new BBS CV wheels, magnaflow cat-back exhaust... I could go on for ages. In an ideal world I'd keep it because im attached to the old girl... BUT:

... the reason I should sell, The Phirm have put together a custom Rotrex super-charger package for the R36 at a competitive price, retaining the stock management and operation of all factory systems, aircon abs (etc) - but - I'd need to raise some cash for it and ditch the cost of insuring and taxing the W8.

They're talking stage1 at 6-7psi producing 400hp+ and stage2 running 11psi (plus other required mods) producing upwards of 500bhp. :twisted:

Cant you sell the R36 and put the supercharger on the W8?

The car is worth more than book price, so If you are not in a hurry I'd put it up for that and see if you get any takers.

or swap it for my 2000 W reg A3 in Purple? ;)

There is no feasible option to super-charge the W8. Trust me over the years I have looked at it time and time again. The W8 is what it is.

That and the R36 is a better candidate anyway, lighter car, less miles, better handling, paddle-shift gearbox etc etc