Stone chip removal advice needed

sobe

Car
1998 Saxo VTR
I have a very small chip on my hood/bonnet where it is down to the metal. The hole is about the size of a pencil tip. I think it happened when they brought my car over to this country, as it was on a lorie all the way from california to new york and then a boat to England.
Also there are alot of micro scratches, I guess from washing it with too coarse of a towel, would wax fix that up? I have never waxed before, is it best done by hand, like shoes or with a power waxer?

thanks

Have you obtained a touch up pen? Have a read of this guide http://www.torquecars.com/articles/stone-chip-removal.php

With the micro scratches, these can be removed with a polish like TCut (choose a mild cutting paste.) There are some types available for metallic paint that is not as harsh. When you have polished it then you can apply some wax to protect it.

If there are only a few very light scratches then the polish from Autoglym will do the job of polish and wax in one go.

wax wont do a thing to a scratch mate,
you really need to use polish for the micro scratches and you will struggle by hand to do anything with them. the likes of autoglym super resin polish will mask the scratches for a few washes .

stone chip you will need to clean the metal.
etch prime it
paint it
light sand then clear coat and polish

Ah, I see, so I need this autoglym and stuff, where should I get that at a tesco? I wish I had taken action on this sooner, its been sitting in front of my house for 5 months now. I will be quite busy when i get home. So then I should get an electric polisher?

your local branch or halfords will stock it.

see what you can do by hand as the polishers cost a little to begin with - 2nd hand one, backing plate and some 6 and 3 " pads and i was over £100. bottles of decent polish cost as well and normally need a light and mild cut so theres anothe £40.

dont go for the orbital halfords with wool pads - wool is a very heavy cutting material. if you do decide to go down the machine way look for either a dual action (DA) or rotary polisher - DAs are generally better suited to beginners and should be good enough for the soft french paint