Restoring and Modding Nissan Pulsar N15. (abandoned 10+ yrs)

ColinsAuto

Car
Nissan Pulsar N15
Car Restoration

Hello. I'm new on this forum and i would appreciate the help i can get.

Car: Nissan Pulsar N15.
engine: ga15de
transmission: automatic

I live in Honiara Solomon Islands an island country in the South Pacific and the car i have is just one of its kind here. most popular cars here are toyotas and corolas. Nissans cars are in fact rare. the only nissans present in this country are Nissan Frontiers and Xtrails.

this car has sat for more than 10 years now, collecting debris, dust and minimal rust. It is only this year that i have managed to start the engine and am working to restoring it. I managed to start the engine by removing and cleaning the fuel tank which was rusted. and installing a new fuel pump. i couldn't find my car model's fuel pump but was able to buy an Xtrail's fuel pump and it worked. i also replaced its air intake filter. again i couldn't find the right size so i got the closest one to width and cut the length to size and installed it.

it drives fine but over heats easily and i found out that the hoses to the heater core are leaking at the ends. at the same time the radiator fan doesnt work and i suspect the relay switches are bad. i have started to install a manual switch to the radiator fan (although still working on it). i have no formal training in mechanical engineering but i have developed an interest in cars and am trying to restore this car to a proper working condition. so far the major things i have to do are:

1. Block/close the cooling system leaks.
the hoses to and from the heater core are leaking at the ends where they are connected to the engine. ive inspected it and seen water drip from the ends. ive tried getting new hose clamps and tightening the hoses but i still see water dripping from them. ive thought of removing both hoses to the heater core and blocking the ends on the engine. heater in cars are never used here because of the tropical climate there is enough heat already. But if there's any other method of sealing the leak, do let me know i would love the support.

Enabling the radiator fan.
i have already installed a small switch on the centre console for the radiator fan. although i am not too sure how i should be wiring it. (im also not formally trained in electrical). i know that the fan should be turned on at a certain engine tempereature, but ive seen that it never turns on, even though engine was over heated. i suspect that it could be a problem with the relay switch for the rad fan. what possible problems would i be facing if connect this manual switch bypassing the relay?

thanks.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back