howdy

chr1s

Wrench Pro
hi guys,just found the site and had a quick look around. decided to join as there seems to be a lot of useful topic's on here.my name is chris,i live in leicestershire and drive a renault megane cabriolet,slightly modded at the minute with lowered suspension,remus twin exit backbox,colour coded rear light /number plate surround's and clio 15" alloys although i am looking for some 16 or 17's to replace these. :)

Hi Chr1s - your very welcome. Your cars looks nice - saw the pic in the gallery. You might have trouble with 17's on lowered suspension (especially at the back) how much lower is it?

You must do the exhaust and induction kit! It will sound great with the top down.

thanks.luckily meganes can run 17s when lowered without any body mods,but idealy i want 16s as most of the 17" wheel and tyre packages run 205 tyres and i don't want to got that big.i lowered it 35mm on the front and 30mm on the rear.
as for the exhaust the remus on it now is a little quiet but i didn't want the boy racer sound anyway.i will probably get the middle section custom made to remove the middle silencer which should give a little more sound.
i have been looking at induction kit's and k&n replacement element's.i think my best option will be a cone filter enclosed in a case to give the improvement in air flow but with a cool air feed pipe.

30-35mm is a good amount to drop by. I didn't ask what engine is fitted though! :oops: This is kind of important especially on Torquecars!

I think you should go with a panel filter if you want power but not the noise!

waynne said:
30-35mm is a good amount to drop by. I didn't ask what engine is fitted though! :oops: This is kind of important especially on Torquecars!

motor just about pulls the skin off a rice pudding.1.6 8v (90bhp).it's not too bad,just feel's a little weak when trying to accelerate from about 60 in top.just a case of working the gear box.
i was thinking of a replacement element because of the noise,i don't know how loud the induction kit's are when the filter is enclosed

waynne said:

motor just about pulls the skin off a rice pudding.1.6 8v (90bhp).it's not too bad,just feel's a little weak when trying to accelerate from about 60 in top.just a case of working the gear box.
i was thinking of a replacement element because of the noise,i don't know how loud the induction kit's are when the filter is enclosed

waynne said:

I wouldn't put an induction kit on that though stick with a panel filter. You will pobably lose a bit of low down grunt with an induction kit.

You could do some head work and cams to lift the performance. I don't see why you can't get another 10-15bhp out of that engine.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back