How nice a big brother am i

pgarner

TC ModFather
Car
Octy smoke machine
My sister bout a her mates old car to learn to drive in, unfortunally due to a medical contition its taking longer to sort her license than it really should have.

was down the other night and kicked it over for her as its sat for a few months in the drive. was shocked by how badly it was in need of a polish she was its fine just needs a good wash :blink:. went down the day while she was at work and taped up the middle of the bonnet then got out the stockinette and some polish

20 mins work to get it up to that, wonder how long it will be before she does the rest of it

and just incase you cant tell it was the RHS i polished up. might offer to do the whole car for a small sum :p

mmm think a normal detailing is somewhere in the £200 range, so lets say £1000 that should cover the few days itll take ;)
honestly paul think this will be a harder challenge the whole cars the same. as its a P reg its got around 13 years worth of stonechips to try and repair as well. that have the bonnet took me 20 mins just to polish, so im reckoning 4 hours maybe to polish the whole thing up. thats after washing it,and i think it might be better to clay it as theres that much, what seems to be tar, along the sides paint work itself seems rough as well

well £25 quids worth of stuff for her and £30 for me and shes going to help on monday if its dry. will have to get some proper before and after pics just gotta find my camera

yeah it was stunning yestarday but today its not sure if it wants to rain or not just now, might do down this afternoon for an hour or so i it looks promising

Ok went down yestarday and spent a couple of hours polishing the whole car, its also in need or a sand down and spray in some points as rusts starting to come through.

ok so bonnet as i left it
S6000077.jpg

bonnet and wing
notice the horrid orange indicators
S6000079.jpg

Roof
S6000082.jpg

ok so used the autoglym polish i had lying around, didnt think it would be strong enough in places but did alot better than i thought at cleaning it although it didnt do to well with the scratches around the drivers handle.

Bonnet now
S6000087.jpg

S6000086.jpg

top of drivers door against roof
S6000085.jpg

wing - notice my old indicators half in place
S6000083.jpg