Hi , Im new

S

superfly

Hi Im new to this forum and have joined to ask advice from you all about buying and customising a beetle for my son.
I have always wanted to do this for myself , but alas, I will have to give it up on completion!
I dont really have any clue as to how much this will cost or how to go about it and find the things that I will need to do this.
I have a year and a half to do this, but I work a lot, so it will be hard to keep it up sometimes.
Some questions I wanted to ask are...
1. Is it best to buy a shell to work on for a good price or buy an unfinished project which has had some attention?
2.Are there any magazines I should subscribe to to help me with this massive task?
3.Any good sights for custom parts and accessories?

In a nutshell, I want to transform an old beetle into a sort of 'pimp my ride' type of thing.

Am I mad???

I know there are many many things to learn about, so go easy on me!!! :lol:

looking forward(I think) to your help.

Hi superfly, Keep us updated on your project. Have a look at some of the mags from http://www.awin1.com/cread.php?s=47936&v=1199&q=32445&r=22275 I recommend the retro cars - they have some good articles. Jtuner is also a good read - lots of drifting articles.

Ebay is always worth a look for parts and unfinished projects. Beware some projects are abandoned because they have been messed up. Wrong suspension or engine choices and can cost more to sort out than starting over. I would go for an unrestored standard car with an MOT and restore it myself to my own spec if I were you.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back