hi guys!

jifmeister

:wink: helo everyone. the names jifmeister frm northern ireland and i currently own a 2000 toyota celca 1.8 vvti 140 bhp, lowered with 18 inch low profile wheels. i cant wait to start with the modding looking for chips at the moment but no joy.

HI jifmeister and welcome to the site. The VVTi tuning chips are as rare as hens teeth - you will probably need to run a piggy back ecu to update the timing. 140bhp is pretty good for a 1.8 and I bet it is still quite economical although that depends on how you drive it really. :lol:

true. i do quite a lot of driving as i travel to work 40 miles a day. the only thing that puts me off, yeah the motor looks a million dollars, but the bottom end is totally naff. drivin our 115break corolla feels racier. my uncles old lada or super citroen, think its ZX 90bhp(big grey estate car) would eat my motor for brekfast

if you're after a sportier feel you need to compromise, you travel to work everyday so you don't want mods that will get in your nerves. stiffer suspension helps the car handle better when cornering, a strut brace will help reduce roll when braking into a corner.

simple things could help, fuel pressure valves (ecotek) will improve throttle response and maybe help mpg. try a pipercross viper induction kit :wink:

there must have been some suspension work on the motor as u can feel every single bump and speedbumps r a nightmare, although i dont mind that when i can throw him round corners like a WRC racer :D

jifmeister said:
:wink: helo everyone. the names jifmeister frm northern ireland and i currently own a 2000 toyota celca 1.8 vvti 140 bhp, lowered with 18 inch low profile wheels. i cant wait to start with the modding looking for chips at the moment but no joy.

Very nice!

My 1997 is far from impressive... ABS? PAS? Forget about it - lol.

Still, its been an ok first car for the last 8 months. I'll be buying a 206 soon (2.0 HDi D-Turbo) and then the fun will begin!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back