hey

lewisbruv

hey people, im lewis n i bin checkin this website out 4 the last 2 months usin it 2 propper understand wat im gettin myself into when i get my new car! i got a 1996 fiat punto 1.1 which wil be gone as soon as i get my 2years no claims... then im goin 4 my dream Seat Leon 2 mod 2 the max!
But before that happens im not gonna ignor any advice that any1 wants 2 giv me lol il appreciate anythin :) ,thanks

Welcome to the site - nice to have you along!

So which car did you want advice on the Punto or the Seat? :D

Hi again waynne we spoke on the phone earlier 2day about the car show and yea il deffinatly be turning up and camp over so il get the max experience!
Anyway back 2 business... anythin on the seat leon wud be great because its not goin 2 be mine until next year, best 2 get all the knowledge and minimise any mistakes that i cud make!

Hi mate. The Leon is very tunable particularly the 1.8T engine which is a 20 valve VAG (VW/Audi Group but you knew that!) unit.

A remap will take power typically from 150 to about 200 bhp and this should be reliable power. If you swap and uprate the turbo as well you can reach around 300 bhp but ideally at these levels you need to get the engine rebiult with more solid internals.

Adding a sports exhaust and induction kit will make the car a little more responsive. Dont fit a BOV (blow off valve) as I've heard people with them have had problems with the ECU getting confused at the sudden loss of air in the VAG units.

Lower the car 30mm and fit uprated shocks. Get a big brake disk conversion with some sports pads and you have an awesome track day and everyday car.

Hows that for starters (I think I'll do an article on the 1.8T engine as it is a personal favourite of min :wink: Especially since this is the unit in my A3 T Sport!)

I knew the leon was a good choise and all of that info has only made me want one even more.

Its a real shame the ECU may get problems for anything like a BOV being added, i was really looking forward to have the sound of the dump valves pumping into the air!

Seeing a 1.8T page for the leon would be brilliant i will have to keep checking to see if it takes off :D i think i will post a question about the leon in some other forums.

Is a reduction of 30mm a great difference on performance?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back