Help needed

PantsUK

Hi I'm new here so hope this is the right place to post this ....

I NEED HELP

I'm looking to replace my current commuter crate (Saab 9-3 1.9 150BHP) with something a damn site less sensible ....

my requirements are

FAST
4 Seats (only two need to be useable so a 2+2 really, rear needed for baby and/or dog)
FAST
Reliable (Able to take big miles without breaking down every day (happy to keep it well serviced)
FAST
15K tops ...

and thats about it a 2 door 4 seater coupe/convertible for 15K thats built better than a TVR .... simple ... (4 door would be fine) I want to be able to tune it hence I'm leaning towards the japs ... (pref less than 50,000 miles)

Mr short list includes so far:
Toyota Supra
Vauhall Monaro
E46 M3 (or 335)
E39 M5
Nissan Skyline
Mazda 8 ... although think its ugly ...

am I missing any worth looking at ??

Thanks thanks thanks and thanks in advance .. been scratching my head for weeks and going round in circles ..

Pants

ps I am right in thinking you can't get a 350Z even an import with rear seats arent I ??

sorry asked what was wrong with the saab in the other post

have you thought about the evo or scoobythere the only ones i think your missing evo would gve you around 300 standard but with back seats for the kid ( to get in and out easy) whle being able to be tuned up very easy

would stay away from te rx8 heard to many storys of them being very very thirsty on both petrol and oil

have you looked at honda s2000 240bhp from 2ltr
hondas reliability tunable engine and has back seats that could fit a kids seat but that around it

Don't dismiss Audi. Theres a lot of power on offer. S3 S4 etc or the RS4 if you feeling flushed. Remaps add substatial power gains.

The Supra is the best on your current shortlist. Loads of power and very reliable. A boost controller will increase power on that and some owners boast 5-700bhp on standard internals with a big turbo conversion. :wink:

cheers guys ... thought about the EVO and Scooby as well but don't like the new shape imprezas much and want a motor that will not loose loads of money so that rules out the old old shape really.

Didn't think the s2000 had back seats .... gonna go check that out

thanks

pgarner said:
why bad experiance????
No the Audi TT deisgn put through a crusher produces the 'car' known as the A2. It's not really a car IMHO! Its fine for the supermarket run,

Cant wait for the RS3 to come out and get 5 years old so i can afford one :lol:

cetain they do. well a say seat its more like the bench in a 911 its classed as seats however unless youve got no legs you aint going to fit should do for a kids seat thou

It has to be a +2 which is 2 cans 2 loaves of bread or 2 dwarfin children. they are there. Only clever people can see them :wink:

waynne said:
pgarner said:
why bad experiance????
No the Audi TT deisgn put through a crusher produces the 'car' known as the A2. It's not really a car IMHO! Its fine for the supermarket run,

Cant wait for the RS3 to come out and get 5 years old so i can afford one :lol:
no i was talking about the old rally style S2 all of them are around 15 yrs old now if you can find any auto trader was kicking out a whole 3

are they making an rs3 not heard that one yet whats it gan to be just an uptaded version of the S3 or are they putting the 4.2 in it :D :D :D :D
liking the look of the rs6 and cant wait for the new rs4 if audi are going to contuinue with the line

PantsUK said:
I never pretended to be clever .... :lol:

I only want them for a baby seat so a +2 is fine .... but cant see the +2 .... :oops:
sorry trying to find a pic but a think there smaller than i thought its more like a place to put the 2ans and loafes of bread but no kids

haha ... got all bloody excited there I've always fancied an s2000 but she who must be obeyed is insistant on this baby room thing .... witch ....

:D

if youve got 15k why not get the s2k and a smaller family car to run around in like a fiesta pick one up for her for around £600 that gives you £14 for the s2k and some change to get her some flowers
:p

Getting her a a new car anyways she's got a 1.25 Zetec Fiesta at the mo....

changing it for .... a lovely Renault Laguna Diesel Estate ... ROCK ON ...

I have to do big miles ... about 40K at the moment although that'll drop to about 20K and I want a sportier car to do it in (work pays for fuel etc so thats not an issue) ... and the bint says she wont travel in the boot ...

My faves are (roughly in this order)

m3
m5
skyline
supra

but the m3andm5 are *#*#*#*# to tune ... (from what I can see without big expense)

if wors paying for the fuel go for the evo in the 340 setup
its giving you more power than the rest in your list with the exeption of the m5

evos easy to tune

skyline and surpa are starting to get old now

aye the beemers are hard to tune mate used to have one was quoted £4.5k for supercharger kit or £11k for a turbo kit

I know I can get a skyline import easy pushing 400bhp for less than 15K ... and they still seem a bit more "Special" if that makes any sense ....

but logic tells me to have another look at EVOs ......

Cheers

Skyline for sheer indestructibility. Or maybe a Honda NSX?

I'm generally a diesel fanatic but I'm not sure that the character is right for a 2 seater, even though the performance will be up to the mark.

You might get a Corvette or similar American muscle car for this money but LHD is a pain on UK roads. That said, 500bhp and as much torque should see you past most things!

Good luck.

I've got a diesel ... before that one of the new lexus IS220D ..diesel, before that a VW Golf new shape 140 TDi before that a VW Golf older shape 130TDI...

and before before before a 325BMW .....

and frankly even my mates Capri sounds and feels far more .... M A N ... if that makes sense. Hence why I'm going back to petrols ... I want some REVS please ...

NSX ... really ... for that money ,,, gotta check that out ...

I really love yank cars ... not to drive but some of my all time loves are yank tanks ... Cobra / Corvette Stingray / Pontiac GTO / GT 500 mustang and if they put the wheel on the right side I would be having a new shape mustang without any doubt ... and I couldn't care if they are crap or not I just love the look and sound ....

*#*#*#*# it I might just move instead :lol:

whered you find a nsx for £15k found some at 30 and one at 22
rest were all £40 +

new special edition bullitt mustang out have a look on msn

[quote ]So how much to you transatlantic shopping trippers? $31,075 or just £14,797 but be quick as only 7,700 are being made.
[/quote]

http://cars.uk.msn.com/news/car_news_article.aspx?cp-documentid=6615407

dunno how mcuh shipping and import would be thou

EVOs are out service interval of 4500 miles (might as well get a TVR Cerbera) ..... are they having a laugh .... I have to pay for them ....

NSX out too expensive ... there is one for 18k on Autotrader though.

nearest rival is the Scooby ... checking that out it manages 12000 between services bit slower bit dumber but cheaper much much cheaper ... services once maybe twice a year rather that 4-5 times...

I did say this was confusing me and sending me round it circles didn't I .... still going round ...

in fact ...

change of mind Number 154 ....

Scoobies could be the one ... no they aren't the best to look at but you can get a 2 year old sub 20K miler with warranty still left for under 15k gotta be worth a test drive ...

any advice on them would be great

diff is the power outputs sti scooby kick out 260 bhp normal wrx 225
entry level evo used to be 270 now 300

even if you bought the scooby and tuned it up youd have to remember the service intervals would be shortened. as the engine would be in a higher state of tune.

explains why the 400bhp version of the evo had a service every 4000 miles

did you have any luck with the mustang front with the price of petrol the now you might be able to pick one up cheap and get more for the saab

I've been checking this out ....

The prodrive tuned blob eyed impreza STI (315bhp) still is good for 12K between services (althoug oil prob sooner) where as the entry level evo is still under 5k between services ... although the evo can be tweaked far beyond the impreza ...

but

I've also had another idea what about the Nissan 350GT rather than Z ... anyone seen one of these ... look a bit underpowered but basically a 4 seater 350Z ....

Cheers

Saw a crazy upgrade for the 350z. They are actually becoming my favourite cars at the moment as i've been reading a few reviews of them and they seem to perform quite well.