Had my car fully valeted yesterday

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
We got fed up with the constant grime on our car, and, inspired by HDI's gleaming new BMW we paid out for a full valet!

It only cost us £50, took 5 hours and included a polish and then a wax coating and full inside and out cleanup. The car looks amazing and is in exceptional condition for it's year.

It's been a bit like buying a new car without the hassle.

Some of the alloys are badly corroded though, anyone used a refurbishing company? Do they do a good job?

Get your hands dirty Waynne and buy a tube of liquid metal and do them yourself. I did the Scooby ones if you remeber and caqme out mint. Very happy with the job.

Pain and time consuming is refurbing wheels when you can pay a pittance to get them professionaly done. A1 in wolvo did a cracking job of my MO5's and two of them were pretty badly kerbed on the edges and spokes.

Lazy git, it can be quite theraputic cleaning your car. I saw some prices of refurb wheels and it was about £65 a wheel, you could get a set from the breakers yard for about that.

Just look out for seagulls Waynne! :lol:

£60 a wheel for top drawer work. Nothing really when a new wheel will most likely cost £150 plus from Audi. Plus another £200 if you want the Audi badge on it :lol: I was going to send my mag Monte Carlo to Lepsons but sold them in the end.

Breakers might be an alternative if you think your wheels will be easy to find, and even then the chances of all four being in as new condition are slim to none.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back