Engine management light

What model is it? It could just be in desparate need of a service or there could be a faulty sensor or it might be a major engine fault. When lights like this come on the ECU often resorts to a limp home setting which is less powerfull and you must get the problem fixed ASAP before more damage occurs.

Its a honda civic 1.6 SOHC Vtech EG shape, i did a seif diagonistics on it and it came out as code 41, i think the oxygen sensor is gone!!!

The actual meaning of code 41 is Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater code 1 is just the Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S). I hope that helps - I'm sure it means something to someone - why can't Honda explain error codes instead of just giving cryptic clues.

its easily fixed by yourself, take the bulb out

its simple yet effective! :D and isn't the o2 sensor the same as a lambda sensor :?

Taking the bulb out is like turning up the radio to cover a grinding noise from the engine. The problem remains.

Yes the O2 sensor is the same as the Lambda sensor.

they are quite expensive arent they? i remember seeing one at £100 for a mid sized component. maybe a i was looking at the wrong thing. diagnosis experts can tell you what needs doing.