D16z head on a 89 civic 1.5 ?

budjet civic

Car
89 civic hatch back
I have a chance on picking up a head from a D16z that the guy tel's me I can just swap out my 1.5 head with this head, Is this a viable modification and if it is a good swap what else is involved with this conversion,Or maybe this guy is just telling me this and doesn't know squat . Any replys will be appriciated. Dennis

As long as the oil and water ways match up it should fit. Do you know if the cylinder bore sizes are similar.

These are the questions I am looking for, How does it fit? what head gascket set is needed?what timing belts to use? do I have to swap induction system? ect. Thanks

I'm sure someone out there knows the answer. I'll try and do some digging myself for you and see what i can turn up.

Not much clued up on this,but am i right in thinking that yours is a 1.5lsi soch vtec then as im sure the head from that engine is soch vtec.

Sorry, This motor is just a basic 1.5 I think a D15 This is a stock 89 honda civic hatch back the dx model I believe, I run this auto cross and street driving, Last year I placed 3rd over all in the street modified class,Right now I am just trying to sqeek out a few more HP and try to take this class, I do have a swap planned, but not untill I blow this one or I accomplish my goal of winning a class with the lease cubic inches.