C2 IAT signal tweaking

G

galvic

Hello there, a newbie from Dubrovnik, Croatia. Will xchange ideas, opinions, but hopefuly no insults. Have a new Citroen C2 VTS. Am interested in a tweak that I encountered on the net. Is introducing a resistance in the path of IAT to ECU signal going to fool the ECU that the air is colder than it realy is, can ECU compensate just by adding a little bit more fuel, and finaly can it do a damage to the ECU. Hope to have a good time out there, Niksa.

Hi Galvic and welcome to Torquecars. What mods have you done to your car so far? Whats the tuning scene like in Croatia? What cars are hot.

I'm Very dubious about this modification. On a closed loop cat system if the Lambda sensor reads fuel too rich then it backs off the fuelling negating the effect of the resistance on IAT :rolleyes: .

Surely if it was that easy to get more power then all car makers would do this as standard. I will be very interested to hear from anyone that has fitted this mod to any car and got a measurable performance increase.

Be sure to post a Hello in the Citroen Section and meet the other SAXO owners out there.

Hi Galvic - welcome. I agree with Waynne - the car will adjust out most of the benefit. What happens when it is cold the air appears to be even colder - this can't be a good thing only so much extra fuel can be burned effectively.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back