Build my Civic for me - part 4, suspension and stability

Which strut bracing setup should I go for?

• Megan Racing?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You've got a better idea?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

blacklineninja

Track Warrior
Hi guys, me again.

Has anyone tried Megan Racing suspension products on their car?

I've got Tein basic coilovers on to improve handling and bring the arches closer to the rims, now I'm looking at stiffening the chassis up with front and rear upper strut braces, lower rear tie bars and control arms.

DC Sports kit costs £375 for the braces, but they don't do the control arms. The Megan Racing kit, including all of the above weighs in at £295.00 - a pretty meaty saving, but is the stuff any good?

Or there is another option - on ebay I can get billet aluminium front and rear upper and lower strut braces for about £95.00 including shipping, and then whatever the control arms cost on top of that... is this just to good to be true?

As ever guys, I really appreciate your help. It really is about time I got moving with the Civic and got something done.

The sideskirts are still sat in the spare bedroom - I'm still deciding which wheels and front and rear bumpers to buy!!!! More on that to follow....

Its a bit like a soap opera this! Tune in next week for the next phase :lol:

Youre going to end up with a really nice car. :D Are you bringing it to our show so we can see it in the flesh as it is?

I would say that strut braces are pretty much the same all round - they are bits of metal that stiffen the chassis so this would be one of the few parts I would go for the cheapest option on.

Okay, thanks for that Waynne!

As cheap as the Ebay kit is though, I'm wondering if it's worth half a day's OT for the bit extra the Megan stuff'll cost as it's available in a funky shade of anodized blue. Call me a sucker for shiny colours, you'd be spot on.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make the Kent show this time around as I'm off to Spain - can't wait for the break though 8) 8) 8)

One juicy little tidbit I can reveal is that I've made my mind up on the lights - for now at least!!! I'm going for black lexus style rears with clear side repeaters and keeping the original headlights, i think that'll look quite posh. I might have to add a HID conversion for brighter lights later on, maybe.

Anyway, keep your suggestions coming in, I really need the help. I'm so indecisive. Or maybe I'm not. But I think I am. Possibly...