Build a police car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What car would you use as the basis for your ultimate police car?

What other mods would you do to help you carry out your job as a policeman?

I'd go with an Audi RS6 Avant, plenty of speed. It would be remapped and have a larger turbo fitted. I think I should have the following options...

1) Grappling hook that fires out of the front grill, should reduce chases and help if I slip off a mountain.
2) Secure holding area in the back seats with barred windows, sound proof walls and easily scrubbed down.
3) Live internet connection (so I can keep an eye on criminals twitter and facebook account - honest!)

:lol: @ BigBadJoe

I think the idea is you're in the Police car, not being chased by it!

A Nissan GTR powered Juke would be my top tip for a police car. I'd kit it out with bull bars and really chunky off road tyres.

What's wrong with the police cars America uses?
PoliceCruisersAll3.jpg

clockwise from top left: Dodge Charger Pursuit (5.7L hemi V8, RWD), Ford Taurus Interceptor (AWD with 3.5L twin turbo V6, 365 HP), Chevrolet Impala 9C1 (FWD 300 HP 3.6L V6), Chevrolet Tahoe Police package (6.2L V8, 4x4), Chevrolet Caprice PPV (6.0L V8, RWD)

Last edited:
normal_DSCF1876.JPG

americans have the best police cars. our cops here had chrysler stratus 1st gen with 2.5 V6, coolest cars, but now they drive some lousy skoda yeti diesels.

Thats all well and good if every road is a strait, but them things won't take even the simplest of corners.

I mean, they would be out handled by a house brick.

The thought that American cars can't corner is a stereotype, and an outdated one at that. The only car in my list with a live rear axle is the Chevy Tahoe SUV. EVERY car on that list has fully independent suspension and handles exceptionally well. The Charger is based on the chassis of an old Mercedes E-class, and the Caprice PPV is a rebadged Holden Caprice (A variant of the Holden Commodore you know as the Vauxhall VXR8). Yes, the Impala's chassis dates back to 1988, but it has always been independently suspended. 2013 is the last year for the W-body Impala. For 2014, it switches to an extended Epsilon platform with the Cadillac XTS, and Buick LaCrosse.
MX5 Miata vs Charger
Shelby GT500 vs Interceptor, and Charger
Caprice PPV
3.6L V6 FWD Impala police car
Chevrolet Tahoe PPV
Top Gear USA Series 3, episode 1. Best cop car for America

Last edited:
The thought that American cars can't corner is a stereotype, and an outdated one at that

Are you on crack? To you, you may think they handle well, but to the rest of the world they handle like a bardge on wheels. American cars are sold in America alone. European cars and Japanese cars are sold throughout the world. In huge numbers. Reason? Becasue they are better.
It is a known fact that american cars are cheaply made and made for the roads to suit. A back road for you guys is like the M6 for us. You need to stop getting on the offensive every time somone says american cars can't handle, because they can't (as a genral rule) yes there may be one or two that compete with the hundreds of types produced in Europe. But as a rule they can't. And, inless you guys start laying down A roads, they probably never will. Just try and take the ''banter'' and lay into us for producing match box cars, tonker toys and migit jems. Take the mic out our fuel price and try and have some ''fun''. Every time somone has posted negative about America, you do, what most Americans do. Go offencive and take it to heart.

Don't get me wrong, it is most people's dreem in the UK to drive down the Strip in Vegas in an open top mustang, the all American way. We like them for there stupidly over sized engines and the sound they produce. I would love to own an El Comino, not because they are practical, or fast or handle well because they don't. Because, like you, I do like american cars. I just don't rate them.

Are you on crack? To you, you may think they handle well, but to the rest of the world they handle like a bardge on wheels. American cars are sold in America alone. European cars and Japanese cars are sold throughout the world. In huge numbers. Reason? Becasue they are better.
It is a known fact that american cars are cheaply made and made for the roads to suit. A back road for you guys is like the M6 for us. You need to stop getting on the offensive every time somone says american cars can't handle, because they can't (as a genral rule) yes there may be one or two that compete with the hundreds of types produced in Europe. But as a rule they can't. And, inless you guys start laying down A roads, they probably never will. Just try and take the ''banter'' and lay into us for producing match box cars, tonker toys and migit jems. Take the mic out our fuel price and try and have some ''fun''. Every time somone has posted negative about America, you do, what most Americans do. Go offencive and take it to heart.

Don't get me wrong, it is most people's dreem in the UK to drive down the Strip in Vegas in an open top mustang, the all American way. We like them for there stupidly over sized engines and the sound they produce. I would love to own an El Comino, not because they are practical, or fast or handle well because they don't. Because, like you, I do like american cars. I just don't rate them.

That's cute. You think I read your opinion based "fact"

See, offencive again.

Banter, patter, joke, laff, toying with, taking the mick. Give it a go, rather than go offencive, try taking the mic out of me as a return.