Are there too many cars on the road?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you think the roads are too crowded? How many more cars do you think our roads can cope with? How would you reduce the problem of congested roads? What form of transport would you use if a car wasn't an option?

Yes we do have too many cars for our roads to cope with. To resolve the problem, building companies need to stop building loads of new houses on tiny ickle bits of land that they cant sell and start to put some time, effort and work into improvine Britain's road systems! You go to anywhere else in the world that has the volume of cars that we have and they have sodding great 3-4 lane motorways connecting everything together, not ponsy little country roads and the occaisional 2 lane by-pass.

Rant over

Limit the number of cars to the number of parking spaces a house has. There are so many 3 car families round my area that parking is more of a problem than congestion, oh if only they would drive them around.

i live in a cul - de - sac and there can be up to 4 cars at my house, wuth no drive and it gets bad.

i have a bike and enjoy biking on dirt tracks but i swore id never ride on the roads, its just lethal.

I dont think we can really moan about the cars and the amount of in our roads, have you ever seen how much is on the road in paris?

You can't really see the Road in Paris :lol: Noticed how many Paris cars have dents - there's a scary statistic.

Ive never seen anyone type practical public transport in the same sentance! :lol::lol:

The cars may not be driving on the roads as much but I bet tehre still as many parked around the place.

yeah but as the cost of fuel goes up so does the cost of the bus. for what i can go 4 miles in a bus i can do 12 miles in the car.

limiting the amount of cars that a house can have is a bit OTT. like fingers said he can have 6 in his house at once ( last photo i seen there 4 i think all work in progress cars ) even if they were all running along with his and the wifes cars, that makes 6, they can only drive 2 at a time.

In Japan you have restrictions on the number of cars and the size of them in city areas. You need a parking space also before you can buy one.

The increasing cost of motoring will reduce the number of cars but instead of the Porsche and the Clio people with go for a top range hot hatch instead as a compromise.;)

yeah but as the cost of fuel goes up so does the cost of the bus. for what i can go 4 miles in a bus i can do 12 miles in the car.

limiting the amount of cars that a house can have is a bit OTT. like fingers said he can have 6 in his house at once ( last photo i seen there 4 i think all work in progress cars ) even if they were all running along with his and the wifes cars, that makes 6, they can only drive 2 at a time.

I recieved an email the other day. It said to stop using BP fuel. cause BP set the price and every one else follows them. so no BP run out of bissness they drop there fuel. and every one follows

I've seen that email too. I am avoiding BP and will wait and see what happens to the price of BP fuel.

certian shao posted it up. the idea was boycot BP until they lowered their price. the emails been through my inbox at least twice in the last year.

no its not BP people should be boycotting its shell

they are the biggest oil company in the world (maybe not over here)

and they are the ones that set oil prices because of such a market domination

anyway i think when the elections come a new government will be voted in who 1 of their policies will be to reduce cost of fuel because seriously they are the ones hu should sort it out

i was at a BP station the other day puttin a couple of £'s in the civic and the pumps were playing up

if u squeezed the pump fully it wouldnt work so u had to extremely lightly squeeze it and keep it in the same position and it still kept cutting out

u think this is cos of the strike by trying to limit the amount of petrol ppl use?

have you used these pumps before i find that at certain pumps this happens to me as well yet another pump wouldnt give me any issues. used to work in a shell garage and the hassle of authorising the pumps at times is a big enough problem let along trying to cut one off.

i like living in a quiet area a put £45 in the car the other day as it might as well have been running on fumes

Depends on the flow rate of the pump I suppose. If they want to restrict it they'd do it with a simple data change at the console in the forecourt shop.

I've never heard anything about BP controlling prices. Why them and not Esso, Texaco etc?