alrght!

hi and welcome from someone else who has excellant taste in cars:bigsmile:
garage_attachment.php

Cool.

Soon as I can (and know where) I will get to putting up the epic photo log of all work done/doing to my car(s)
:)

Bit chilly out there. Time for the blanket me thinks

correct. 1997 trigger mauve and its a manual with EVO 5 RS transfer box, EVO 8 brembos (thanks to the FL V6 in the background donating front hub carriers) and EVO 6 alloys which are soon being painted along with the V6 front bumper and grille.

very nice :)

you got the SAYC yet?

something im going to plan on getting soon, not sure when lol.
and also just about to embank on the evo big brake conversion, just the hubs to pick up from a mate, when i can get up to him!
also got to colllect the gear box as got the tip one but thats buggered since the prop snapped, 3rd is trucked :(

and yes much like the FL front on these, i did this to my old PFL Galant, lookd goooooood

i dont have SAYC yet and no longer have AYC since the casing cracked last year. the replacement was chewed up inside and the only quick replacement for the replacement was an open diff which is still going now. i do have the half shafts for the SAYC but i will need the diff and AYC pump before it all gets fitted. thats assuming i put the car through an MOT in may. if its too bad then i wont bother and this will become a donor car for the next one. in the meantime i am still spending money on her. i am waiting for the magnecor leads to arrive so the plugs and leads can get done. turbosmart MBC is waiting to be fitted as is the EVO 6 brake master cylinder and servo. this weekend i want to get the lens off the JDM headlights to get the orange filter out so i can put them back on the car. the V6 lights are a lot heavier! my engine cover is cutting a cable so i went out to buy a cable protector the other day and found a bag of them with 3 different sizes in red with matching cable ties so they will be adding a little colour to my engine bay tomorrow too lol

Oh nice. If you need parts I know a man that can help you.
Iv just picked up transfer box, gearbox and ECU for £400 :)
Iv made custom twin projectors for my headlights. They need a bit more tweaking, going add a halo around them and sort the indicators. So eventually look like cibbis but in standard headlights.
Considered a carbon fibre engine cover?
Iv got a couple as well as evo styled bonnets and vented wings.
I have moulds so can get some made. I already have bonnets ready to go :)

garage_attachment.php

i replaced what i thought was a faulty transfer box with an EVO 5 RS transfer box (incredibly rare and i believe i have the only VR4 in the uk with one of these fitted) but it now looks like water getting into the spark plugs caused the problems lol
i have a GRP bonnet paid for and waiting for the club courier service to get it to me
i like the standard lights apart from the orange filter. i have silvatec indicator bulbs so no orange shows with the V6 lights but the VR4 lights are much lighter so that filter must go. interestingly the bulb holders are different. uk front indicators are offset pins, JDM are straight pins but the bulb holders can be swapped between them
garage_attachment.php

garage_attachment.php

i thought so. the transfer box and bonnet i bought come from a guy in swindon! he know has an EVO 9 estate and isnt really getting on too well with it. the VR4 was easier to live with and drive as it doesnt suffer from turbo lag

Dunno who he be then
Nice pics. Nice engine cover too.

The vr4 lights will be lighter in weight as the fronts are plastic where as the UK spec cars have glass fronts.
Yes they give a better light out put but I like the all in one as to the split set :)
Yes. I'm not on the vr4 club. I don't get I with them ;)

Have you thought of putting the standard air box back on as I found the cone filter is bad and saps HP not to mention the heat soke. Yes it's bad anyway.
Have you tried the cooking eggs, bacon, sausages and burgers on the manifold? Lol

i did buy a VR4 airbox but it turned out to be a V6 airbox which i dont need since the V6 in the background still has one with a K&N filter. for whatever reason they are supposedly not interchangeable so i need to buy the right one.
the guy i know from swindon is called windsor. did have a trigger mauve legnum until it got stolen a few months ago. he got it back but he didnt have the heart to repair the vandalism so he sold the good bits. i cant complain at paying £200 for a fibre glass bonnet in the correct colour. i paid £350 for the transfer box and the only one i have seen on ebay had a starting bid of £800

Oh him. I saw the car two days after it got stolen but didn't know at the time.
Yes it was a nice car.

As for air boxes. I didn't think there was a difference.
As having owned both I didn't see any difference.
No harm in trying I guess.

Not a bad price that's what I be selling them at. £350. Iv only a couple in stock and in ready to paint white gel coat.
Soon as I get to a laptop we can have a good proper chat :)

apparently the holes are different sizes but the way i see it, as long as the box fits onto the intake under the MAF and the funnel fits under the bonnet (the holes do line up) then why wouldnt it fit? i have been told that the VR4 doesnt have the resonance chamber under the funnel though. i will get round to it lol

you might be lucky and catch me. i dont work saturday nights, fridays are mostly off but during the week i am only really home to sleep before work again. this week i have done 4 shifts and still reached my target of 50 hours. not bad considering most of the transport industry is sitting at home hoping for work at this time of year. i chose my loyalties in october and seemingly made the right choice :)

ah fair play to you :)

yeah the engines are the same jsut the VR4 is the TT... i say, where theres a will, theres normaly a dead relative! :lol:

I don't blame you! We just about to hit -7!!!
Took a look outside and I'm like errrr no not going out that's an ice rink!
And yet I hear people driving as if its normal driving conditions!
Sod and that!

i did borrow the heat gun today and a quick trip to halfords to pick up a selection box of washers, some jubilee clips and undiluted screen wash. i like to make my own mixtures so i know which is summer and which is winter rather than diluting in the washer bottle. then a shopping trip to blow some more money on stuff i dont need like DVDs. my guess is i will install my new games and play the sims 3 instead of getting cold lol

well i went out today, main roads not too bad, just the side streets.

an yup i too spent unessery amounts of money today on a new hi-fi, alarm clock, kettle, laptop and new contract. lol

bad news. an inspection due to a wheel wobble has raised the following problems

both front wheel bearings
both curved arms
both ARBs
offside droplink
A/C bearing? the thing at the bottom of the belt
oil leak
power steering leak
rear diff seal
transfer box seal

^^ Good heavens, that is a lot :sad2: Are you going to fix the problems assuming that it is economically viable to do so?

i think so. other than this list it only needs a little hole in the floor welding to get through an MOT and i have got bits and pieces almost ready to fit. it would be a shame to give up now when it is only wear and tear items anyway. its not like a broken gearbox or something big like that

ahh the normal run of the mill things to go on these here cars.
yeah nothing big at all. and nah a gear box change isnt all that big either ;) my cars about to hit its 3rd one, the first got trashed by previous owner, then this one, the clutch plates are slipping in 3rd and it bang back in to 1st. also got a hair line crack on the transfer case.
but £400 has fixed that ;) thats just for the gear box ECU, gear box and transfer box. but new from mitsi minus the ECU, they want £5100 :blink: :confused:

if you can, try and avoid getting such items from places like camskills as iv found they are like soft cheese and you will need to replace the boomerang arms on a yearly basis.
this is just going on personal experience with our now soon to be trailer green VR4.

still well worth every penny these cars, high end ones that are well looked after now a days are so few and far between, jsut cos they have dropped so much in price dosnt take away the fact that they was once 30+K cars new.

sorry lil rant there lol

Yum!!
That bonnet and grill just bring so much more life to these cars!

Just playing with my brembos. Deffo can't have my tri spokes on lol

its not a wrap. standard FL V6 fascia. much tidier than that awful wrap that was on it, especially with big ugly holes everywhere. the SAFC and turbo timer are now tucked away behind the dashboard

thanks T9. just the bumper to finish the front end off which is sitting ready to go on

it just shows what you can do with standard parts. the interior is all from the silver V6. brembo brakes, OZ racing wheels and the transfer box are all from EVOs. the exterior will all be from the V6 with the exception of the bonnet. there are no VR4 badges on it so only the trained eye will know by looking at its spoiler and 5 studs. the uk plate on the front was chosen as it is less intrusive to the air flow going to the bottom grille and it will get a matching rear plate to make it less obvious that its an import

i did somehting simula to my old V6 PFL. i slung on the evo bonnet, them headlights i got that i made and the threw on the FL bumper, grill and skirts,
lowered and 17" rims. looked the mutts nuts!
then on the inside got shot of the darn cream carpet... i mean who the hell puts cream on the insides of a family car?!
and did the black an cream theme and painted the "I cant believe its not real wood" trim the same dark colour of the body.

IMG_9000.jpg

IMG_6418.jpg

I do miss this car as it was one of the best iv owned, but after what i now referr to as the ******* done in my car with a so called good friend of mine... the car had to go, shame really, but then again i now have such a rare beauty and the best thing is it pissed him off to the max that i swapped it with out telling him till the day it happened hehehe

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back