A3 central locking problem

02paynemi

Tuner
Car
A3 1.8t quattro T
My mate has just bought an A3 1.6 8l, the remote central has stopped working. The central locking works with the key, and when u press and hold the button the windows still go up/down any ideas? I haven’t got a clue were to start looking for problems! :confused:

My mate has just bought an A3 1.6 8l, the remote central has stopped working. The central locking works with the key, and when u press and hold the button the windows still go up/down any ideas? I haven’t got a clue were to start looking for problems! :confused:
1st check the fob battery
2nd check fuses
3rd check the relay
4th check the micro switches (read they can bugger up certain features but others still work)
other than than no idea so a diagnostic hope this helps you mate :bigsmile:

go round and check ALL sensors all 4 door, boot and bonnet, the car wont lock unless all the doors are shut. my boot was a bit stiff for a while so enabled the bleep when locked function. its helped alot also its also allows me to know that the bonnet is closed as well

you need some one with access to vag diagnosic equipment or vagcom.

version 409.1 will work with most vag cars up to 2005. vagcom can be downloaded for free from ross tech.
and the license will work out around £55 at the min plus around £10 for the cable of ebay.

if youv got a newer car you will need to use series 7 which requires the cable direct from rosstech circ £200 and the software is free

its good stuff to have as it lets you diagnose the ECU, moniter blocks for example if you think its runiing rough you can check the Maf flows on the turbo engines you can see boost leaks - actual against required.

also can do basic things such as measuring 0-60 or power output