3 seater cars

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Is there much demand for a 3 seater car?

Statistically most cars have 1 or 3 occupants! It would be kind of cool to have a central drivers seat and 2 rear passengers or the latest Peugeot concept has 2 front seats and 1 rear seat.

What are your thoughts on 3 seater cars? What are the pros and cons?

Most of the old British sports cars of my day were just that, two persons in front and an "occasional seat" at the rear!

Probably not that much demand - most cars now, even 4 door ones have split folding rear seats which means that luggage carting space can be maxed out if the car is not full of people.

What I don't understand though is the popularity of seven seaters. Unless you have a large family or frequently drive about with 3 generations of family on board I can't see the need. SO why, the minute first child is born, do the parents go out and buy some hulking great pseudo-4wd monster?

It's giving in to the kids before they can even walk!

because you will have your own kids plus their friends and because you have 4 kids in the car you need to have a huge monster of a car to make sure the little darlings are well protected from everything

Is there any point? 3 Seats? Depending on whether it will:-

Give more leg room
Cost less
More comfortable
Styled correctly
Handle
Large boot
Possible fold up seats to make into a 5 seater?

I think the only way I would consider buying one would be if it met at least 5 of the top criteria. What is wrong with 2, 4 or 5 seaters anyway? Is this just going to be another car that doesn't need to be built? Like the 1 series?