13 July TopGear thread

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What did you make of this show then? Are they improving as the series goes on?

(I'll be watching it later today hopefully! ;))

The race was good, but I think they are using fillers too much. 2 stars so it takes more time and more news (although the road sign thing is quite funny).

It will do the rounds. The GTR across Japan was good but why do they keep racing with public transport - it supposed to be a car show. It was funny to see them trying to work out Japanese Writing.

It would appear that JC is now sex obsessed!

They didn't do the cool wall either this week.

I found the eagle eyed viewer section funny, was interesting to see JC "appear" to generally by sorry and then wear that funky mask every time he went through a speed camera lol

On a different note it isn't about cars so much anymore fifth gear has taken over on that respect but i still tune in every sunday as it's a nice ending to the week, by making it more varied they have opened the doors to a larger target audiance which leads to more ratings which ultimatley is what they are after. The BBC do seem quite keen to chuck money at the show too.

Anyone else really look forward to watching it each week???

I look forward to the show each week but I must say I've been dissapointed recently.

I used to wait for the best of season DVD to come with the top gear magazine and this was punchy and packed with loads of the best bits. The challenges DVDs are also really good I think our expectations have been raised to high.

the thing that amazes me is that jeremy clarkson has been driving fast cars round tracks and roads for quite a few years and still in reality is not a very good driver !!:confused:

The Alfa is stunning. Herb - I agree. It is always Clarkson who spins out on the track.