106 engine

Greetings and welcome to our TorqueCars forum :)

Cannot help you directly with this but we do have some wonderful people on here who will be able to help you.

Good luck

Hello and welcome! I don't really understand the question. I think the best engine for the 1.2 stock car would be probably the factory fitted stock 1.2 engine but I have an idea that this is not the question you want answering. Try again buddy :)

Is the 1.2 a class limit on the stock racing? Can you use turbocharging?

The newer engines are generally better and more efficient than the older ones and offer better returns in tuning. Get a fast road cam, up the fuelling and add forced induction if you can and you'll have a fun car.

Just spotted the OP has a 1.1 Peugeot 106 and maybe this is the reason for the possible engine upgrade. When you say "stock car" is this as the racing field or the fact the car is "stock" meaning nothing has been done to it modification wise? If this is the case then save your money my friend. Any power gains from the 1.1 to the 1.2 will be negligible and not worth the time and effort of the engine swap. Use the car for what it is and look to a slightly more powerful model with a better chance of a performance upgrade.

Well spotted T9. I am not seeing a 1.2 litre engine listed for this model.
I agree, use the car as is and look for a more powerful model when it's replacement time.

Is the 1.2 a class limit on the stock racing? Can you use turbocharging?

The newer engines are generally better and more efficient than the older ones and offer better returns in tuning. Get a fast road cam, up the fuelling and add forced induction if you can and you'll have a fun car.
It cannot be turbocharged it has to be 1.2 petrol

Could you up the 1.1 to 1.2 with stroker kit and put on the 16v head?

Renault engines are often used as swaps for the 106 but I see most people putting in the 1.6 engines to the smaller engined ones.

When you say 'stock' do you mean as in factory standard or 'stock' as in stock racing. The kind where the objective is to destroy the competing cars whilst keeping yours in one piece throughout the season?

Just spotted the OP has a 1.1 Peugeot 106 and maybe this is the reason for the possible engine upgrade. When you say "stock car" is this as the racing field or the fact the car is "stock" meaning nothing has been done to it modification wise? If this is the case then save your money my friend. Any power gains from the 1.1 to the 1.2 will be negligible and not worth the time and effort of the engine swap. Use the car for what it is and look to a slightly more powerful model with a better chance of a performance upgrade.
It means a race stock car