Projects & WIPs

This is for all projects and work in progress threads. Keep us informed of your latest plans and problems.
Hello friends, I am presenting my second Audi TT built. Main idea was to restore Audi TT MK2 body, replace whole default body kit with TT RS body kit. Second part will be tuning. I hope we will start in next two weeks, regarding we are still collecting all parts. So more about tuning will be very soon. Third part should be interior restoration. If you have any comment, please do not hesitate. I hope I will get maximum of support here, and for shore learn something.
So, I love my vehicle, but the Cockpit seems a little dated. I am going to upgrade and change the console to something more 2000'ish. I mean I am going to attempt to remanufacturer and update the metal, increase the room, and the like. I am also going to do a leather interior upgrade and considering the Cowhide embossed like Alligator Blue inserts for the seats... Let not forget the mention the Artificial Intelligence Head Unit with a HP VR Backpack G2 computer, as well....
Hey, this is what im planning to do to my factory standard 1997 Nissan Bluebird. i bought this after i crashed my mazda mx3 which was the beginning of a project. so i decided to modify this instead as around here there isnt any properly modified Bluebirds in New Zealand. (mostly boyracers just putting fat exhausts and lowering springs.) ok so its had abit of rust form under the wing mirrors in the past and the previous owners have removed it properly, but then resprayed the area in a different colour green. (dark green is factory colour, light green is aftermarket rust coverer) i had a racing exhaust on my mazda which i took off when i crashed and have put onto the car already. my plans for the future are as follows. -i plan to...
Hi, Well I thought it was about time I started a little project log on my little Megane. I bought this Megane in January this year and so far have not done too much to it, but have a long list of jobs to be done. Here are some pics of how it looked when I picked it up. Not really done much to it so far, apart from changing the aerial to a small bee-sting style one and adding smoked side repeaters. On the inside I have just finished adding full leather interior. Jobs to do include fitting 17" Kei Fuji alloys (Black), Sports exhaust system, M3 style mirrors etc. Will upload some more pics as soon as I get the interior fitted and hopefully as each job gets done. The aim is to have a nice looking Meg with some...
Here is my completely standard car with couple of rust patches here and there, was not expenive and initially was meant to be my runabout but because of different issues car is going to stay with me longer so I decided to do some work on it Here are my plans as in 'say hello section' -deep dish wheels -clear front indicators (instead of orange ones) -removing rust patches :smile: -facelift bonnet with 'avantgarde' grill -facelift taillights Next -lowering the car 40mm r/f (not sure whether invest a bit more and buy suspension kit or just springs but we will see) And complete respray in dark black with possible white roof (car is in blue-black at the moment) maybe: changing interior for black one (silver currently) and some...
Hi Guys, Thanks for all the kind coments and for making me feel so welcome, my plans for the car, ultimatley a DOHC VTEC transplant but thats for another day, i'm not really one for big ostentacious bodykits, i prefer the subtle approach so a set of 18"s (i know i said subtle but they won't fill the arches completely) and some lowering springs and shocks will be the first thing to do as she already has the look of the Type R minus the boot spoiler. then will come the big brake conversion but apart from that i will pretty much leave her looking stock Cheers Guys, progress will be slow but i will endeavor to keep you all updated Fatty
Hey all, been a while!! have had more kids and work/bikes etc has all been a bit manic, so iv not really been posting online much! well, what have i been up to since i went away.... Last you guys saw of me i had my first proper bike, the Sv650s: Then i got rid of that and bought a Yamaha Thundercat: Then i got bored and bought this Yamaha FZ6: which i promptly turned into this: Then i sold that and bought this SV1000SZ: Which i got offered a great deal on to see me on my (realistic) dream bike, a 2004 K4 Suzuki GSXR 600: It has a shedload of trick bits, and im working my way through replacing every bearing,bush and consumable item on the bike so pretty soon she will be absolutely 100%...
Hey everyone, got the car to Wakefield Park Supersprint last weekend and managed another PB if only by .22 of a second, now at 1:13:25 and will be trying to get into the 12's next event. Toyo's are 2 years old now and even thought they still have life left in them I imagine they are quite a bit harder than when I first got them so thinking a new set will help to get me under the 13 sec mark. Posted time had me finishing 27/101 and even half a second shouldl take me up another 5-6 places Have probably got the car as far as I can with the handling and will now have to look at power and weight reduction. Power going to be costly so will have to start saving before any investments are made. Brought a Carbon GT wing from Mu Secret...
RECENTLY BOUGHT THIS NOVA AS A STANDARD BORING OLD 1.2 , I HAVE ALREADY STARTED WORK ON IT THOU.... I HAVE LOWERED IT BY 100MM, NICE SET OF BLACK 14 INCH RIMS, NEW UPRATED FRONT BRAKES, , NEW ANTI ROLL BAR FRM A GSI, FULL BODY RESRAY, FRONT GRILL, FRONT BUMPER FRM A NOVA SR, BACK BUMPER FRM AN SRI LOL( I LIKE TO BE DIFFRENT) IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS I AM PUTTIN A 1.6 GSI ENGINE IN IT AND STRIPPING IT OUT AND FITTING A BUCKET SEAT... TELL ME WHAT U THINK NOVAS AINT EVERYS CUP OF TEA BUT IVE ALWAYS LIKED THEM ALREDI PUT QUITE ALOT OF WORK INTO THIS BUT PLENTLY MORE TO COME.... I WILL POST MORE PICS UP WEN THE NEW GSI LUMP IS IN! :mrgreen::cool::mrgreen::cool:
I thought I would post up details of my other project. Basically I am restoring an early 32GTR back to completely original spec that is exactly as it came out of the factory. The car is a 1991 32GTR . Its main clain to fame is that it is in the rarest nissan factory colour . The code is BLO and it was a special order only. It is a quite a strange pearlescent and can look grey, steel blue or even lilac in different lights. I imported in from japan 2 or 3 years ago with the intention in having something different .......... a stock GTR It seemed quite close to stock and only needed - suspension , air filters , exhaust and a few minor other things or so I thought.................
New Project has been going on and I hadn't been on the forum for a while so be indulgent! :P Bought a Brand spanking new Scion Frs in Juin 2015! As of this day and Mods will be updated when installed on first post: Installed Pieces Grand total spent: 2957$ ----Interior---- -LED Dome Light and Trunk Light ----Exterior---- -LED Plate Lights -Side Marker Leds Amber -Switchback Turn Signal LEDs Front -HID High/DRL Beam 6000k -HID Low Beam 6000k -Backlights turn signal MOD -Rally armor mud pads -BRZ OEM Wing -Window tint 85% back 65% side ----Suspension---- -TRD Lowering Springs -4 Wheel spacers 25MM all around ----Power---- ----Transmission---- ----Forced Induction----
Hi I have an 2010 RS mkII (400 bhp, 500 nm) with the following mods: - ECU remap (Autotech/JWR100) - Airtec intercooler - Scorpion turbo-back exhaust (decat) - Bosch 650cc fuel injectors - Mountune airbox with an additional custom 3" bottom intake pipe - K&N air filter - GGR engine mount - Powerflex front bushes - Roose silicone hose kit (upper engine bay) - RS rallyflapz - Compomotive Motorsport wheels, satin black, 18x9" (with TPI black wheel nuts and painted black standard brake calipers) - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta XL 97Y tyres, 265/35/18 I bought the car brand new 15 months ago and went with a stage 1 remap + intercooler only after 3 months of ownership. Another 3 months later I had exhaust, injectors, and a few other bits...
Everything was working fine when I bought this car three years ago. Upon further inspection it was revealed the car had been in an accident. I had a body shop pull the damaged area and after that the horn, headlights, and wipers would not work. The car has been sitting in my garage ever since. Has anyone had this problem or know what I should look for? The damage was to the drivers side front by the tire and window washer reservoir.
Hey guys, This my project car that i have been working on for the last two years. Started out as a 1.4L which somehow didn't like me much so after that blew i sourced a 2.0L 8 valve from a 98 model opel 200is kadett. All was running well until i got bitten by the boost bug again and was offered a m62 eaton off of a merc c230 kompressor and some 6 months later the hooligan was born. I'm running at 9 psi boost unmapped with the 1.4L gearbox which gives most high end cars a run (power to weight ratio) till we run at distance and they go past on account of my short ratios.
A few weeks ago my elderly mother was told she was no longer allowed to drive, so she offered her car to me a 1978 datsun 120y gl in its only done 51200 kms its in reasonable condition for a 31 year old car so i have decided to restore it and run it in the bay to birdwood classic car run next year if i get it finished in time. Will do some pics soon.
This picture of the radiator grille and surround gives a clue to the standard of build that I am hoping to achieve. I found to my surprise that the original radiator was in very good condition. I have to say I was impressed with it's construction which is entirely from brass and copper. I think it could be fairly described as a work of art. The grille, however required a lot of fettling and chrome plating which I handed over to Derby Platers. They are excellent but expensive. The emblem was damaged and being black and white was for a later car anyway. I was incredibly fortunate in finding a perfect 1949 MG emblem.
Just want to say hello, as I'm new to this forum! Some info on my Soobie: 06 SADM WRX (2.5) Engine & Driveline: Turbo back exhaust Light weight pulley STI top mount IC TurboXS "Y" hose DW 1000cc injectors Kinugawa td05 18G Open sorce tuned. KartBoy Short Shifter + bushings Group-N tranny mount Perrin After MAF tube Grimmspeed Bost control solenoide Innovate LC-1 wide band Walbro 255 fuel pump Suspension & Steering: Koni adjustable Inserts "White Line" ALK sport "White Line" Steering rack bushings Kartboy endliks JDM S204 "performance dampers" Spec-C Strut tower brace "Turn in Concepts" Fender brace Brakes: SS brake lines EBC front slotd rotors EBC YellowStuff front pads EBC RedStuff...

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back