Projects & WIPs

This is for all projects and work in progress threads. Keep us informed of your latest plans and problems.
Hey folks, So as some of you know, the old trusty died a horrible death by choking on its own internals. It's replacement is this! A 2005 MG ZR 105 trophy +. Handles superbly, has a pretty quick 2nd gear and is overall tons of fun! FSH, 33,000 miles and one lady owner from new. A picture after a proper clean! Sorry about the brother, bit of an eye sore... :lol: Couple outside the missus's house. Wheels have a little kerbing Future plans include a turbo conversion, either a ZT-T 1.8 or a T16. Needs some lowering badly and a favorite in the MGZR community seems to be Avo lowering springs. Hopefully to entice me over until conversion day, it will get either TF135 Cams, vernier pullies and a remap with a full stainless...
Hi Guys, Thanks for all the kind coments and for making me feel so welcome, my plans for the car, ultimatley a DOHC VTEC transplant but thats for another day, i'm not really one for big ostentacious bodykits, i prefer the subtle approach so a set of 18"s (i know i said subtle but they won't fill the arches completely) and some lowering springs and shocks will be the first thing to do as she already has the look of the Type R minus the boot spoiler. then will come the big brake conversion but apart from that i will pretty much leave her looking stock Cheers Guys, progress will be slow but i will endeavor to keep you all updated Fatty
Everything was working fine when I bought this car three years ago. Upon further inspection it was revealed the car had been in an accident. I had a body shop pull the damaged area and after that the horn, headlights, and wipers would not work. The car has been sitting in my garage ever since. Has anyone had this problem or know what I should look for? The damage was to the drivers side front by the tire and window washer reservoir.
My mitsi chariot was given the last rights recently as it sadly needed just too much work for the MOT. This meant I needed something to move things around . I was going to get a sunny pick up but prices have gone insane so i looked at a kei truck. Not known or driven much outside Japan where they are everywhere they are literally as it sounds - A baby pick up truck . Most are only around 660cc but are suprisingly nimble as they re so small. .Sold in the UK as bedford rascals with basic spec - usually auto or 4 speed manual and 2WD Of course like most JDM cars the Japanese top spec is way different especially on older models whichl were smaller, lighter and better built.. So I started the search for such a "beast" and eventually found...
OK thought id better get this started seeing as the bora has now gone to car heaven only one pic of the car the now as not had the time or the weather to get the car properly cleaned up 1 2009 VRS TDI CR. decided to go with the newer CR engine rather than the older PD engines as there seem to be more issues with the DPF on the PD engines as they produce too much smoke and were never designed to run alongside the DPF. there was also the good old injector issues as with the 1.9 PD engine - for those who dont know the 2nd pump in the PD engines is the injector itself. some work needs done so as its still under warranty then its going into skoda next friday to get looked at. central locking within the car doesnt work...
Lancer 2003 ES ... planning on MAYBE converting it to a Semi Ralliart haha ^^ Current mods: 6000k HIDs Both front and back Strut bars K&N Short Ram intake Race Pedals Blue led Shift Knob Black Tinted Windows Mitsubishi Logo on BG Mags Futur Mods to come: Mazda 3 2010 Blue Paint ( or something like it ) Might also Paint some Dash peices Headers with race catalyst and 2.5-3'' pipeline Racing Car Seats Upgraded Injectors Light weight Flywheel Ceramic Twin clutch 1.8 gear ratio box Brembo Brakes ( Discs, Pads and Caliper ) ( if they fit :blink: ) Turbo etc. In head plan overall: Approx 250-300 hp & torque Range Convert with Turbo since Superchargers aren't made for that car to my concern And maybe...
Well well well..... here we are again! I still have the Transporter ( not much changed yet though, still waiting on LMK getting engine back in an sorted!) But have also started buying/selling/breaking cars again.... First off was a mk2 golf 16v which cost me peanuts, new fuel pump, couple panels and a polish and she's awaiting collection from her new owner, and im awaiting a healthy profit :) Then i picked up another 2 mk2 golf 16vs in a nice rare colour ( Helious blue :) ), originally i was going to put them both back on the road and make a rather large profit, but then i decided i wanted another toy.... So 1 is going back on the road, and the other one is my new project car. She's a 1989 3 dr Helios blue small bumper 16v...
For those that don't know, the Ibiza Cupra runs the 1.8t from the VAG range, but from factory only has a tiny turbo and conservative map, running only 156bhp. I bought this as a Stage 1 with a fairly aggressive map, exhaust, large air filter and several bypasses done running 185bhp. It's also lowered on H&R Cup Kit, and was on 17" O.Z Superturismos. Pictures from the advert. CIMG3695 by Nick Berger, on Flickr CIMG3683 by Nick Berger, on Flickr CIMG3690 by Nick Berger, on Flickr First thing I did was change the 2 foot long standard aerial for a stubby one from a Citroen. 20101025_001.jpg by Nick Berger, on Flickr I then changed the rear wiper for one from a Mk5 Golf. Filthy cupra by Nick Berger, on Flickr Did the front...
The contents of this Thread may cause Offence. Reader Discretion is Advised! So I had probably better start this thread by explaining what I'm doing with this car, why and what I've done so far. Atomic Gwen The reason for this name is a simple one. My number plate is AT-- GWE and this is a post apocalyptic build. So "Atomic Gwen" seemed to fit nicely. The Reason Behind the Build Since my Dad first sat me down to watch the original Mad Max film, I've been hooked on the Post Apocalyptic/ Wasteland aesthetic. Eventually I started building Rat Bikes and even came 4th and 5th in a custom build show with two that I had made. After some time building, I found out about a post apocalyptic festival in Buckinghamshire called...
Well, i first saw this car way back in March, but didnt have the rather OTT money that was being asked for it (£3750). Fast forward to last month and i saw the car back up for sale at £2800.... Had an impulse moment and offered him my Corrado VR6 for it in a straight swap. Few emails and pictures etc exchanged, and a deal was arranged. When i first arrived to pick her up, she had no sideskirts on, the front arches were in white primer,and she had half an Audi S3 black leather an blue alcantara interior bodged in there. YUCK! I popped the bonnet and was immediately very disappointed in the general state of the engine bay. Surface rust everywhere, flaky paint on just about everything in there, wrong radiator fitted, lots...
Well, what can I say... I think Petar has a thing for pugs lol. So far theres a 205 CJ cabby that is having the beasty Mi16 engine fitted into along with all suspension, looms, box, bumpers, brakes, interior etc. Then theres the 205 diesel which the Mi16 is coming out of. Then theres the cool rare 205 Rallye which is havin gthe original engine rebuilt and having twin 40 carbs fitted with roll cage, coil overs, pug sport straight through exhaust plus loads more. Oh and last but not least the latest addition, the 306 Cabby which is having the engine replaced with a 306 S16 engine (the later 2.016v) with a 306 GTi6 6 speed gearbox, Mi16 wheels, suspension brakes etc. So good couple of projects going on here. I have a few piccies of the...
I figured I'll make an official thread about this since I'll probably be taking massive amounts of photos of it anyways. Some of you will recall I mentioned in my introductory thread, that I mentioned having a 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 with bent valves that I had planned to rebuild. The problem turned out to be the crankshaft position sensor and timing belt tensioner, which in turn bent the valves. Whether I kept the car was in jeopardy as I got a 2004 Saturn Ion coupe to drive around in. After a while, I decided the car was too sentimental to part with and that I'd rebuild it. I just ordered a set of LQ1 heads (off a 1992 Lumina Z34) from Matt (GOT2B GM of w-body.com). This is the first purchase towards getting the car...
Small change of plan.... Just got this baddy home... So the plan is now somewhat different, as described by one simple picture... More about the spec of the Coupe tomorrow as I'm knackered and need a shower. Bodywork is a state and semi-prepped for a respray but then that's not what I'm interested in. All I will say is that the CG Motorsport clutch is rated to 265ft/lbs, and it slips on high boost. :p
So i posted earlier my new car well I've already made some small adaptations to it i will keep all my pictures and posts in this Thread to show you So I'll keep this simple this mod cost me £9.99 from halfords I'm going to add more tomorrow to the bodywork but as you can see its covered up the hideous Plate marks from the previous owner! Before: After: makes the car look so much nicer and so much less faded with a bit of T cut and a Viper Sticker Will Post tommorow when i add 2 more smaller stripes either side of it
Picked the Peugeot 306 meridian 1.4 up last Wednsday for £200 im thinking that could be a bargain. The seller said it needed a new gasket and some body work as Nitro-mors had been thrown on it! Surprisingly enough it driven home fine (50 miles) with just a few rough starts. The car got checked over and it needed a new coil pack all in all £100 fitted so not bad for a £200 car :D. The roof and bonnet has been thourely sanded and the bonnet has been treated for the rust with a product called Rust Remedy, does a great job was expecting it to not be brilliant for its price :bigsmile:. Also put a terribly rough spray of primer on the bonnet. Got some black carbon fibre coming hopefully tomorrow (Friday) which i will be covering...
Ive the car 3 months now and finally i can start my build thread When i first brought it First job was to remove resonator box just behind the wheel arch You can see the 4 small holes they where the only things letting air flow into the filter Then i put on my new wheels could probably do with a refurb but are loads better than what was on They have loads of tread 3 are brigestone so2 and one avon alone these must be more than what i actually paid for them Now the car is 100 times better these wheels look great and im very pleased with them My next job was change the dump valve managed to get a blitz one cheap no there was no need to take the old recirc one off which you can see just above the blitz i...
CHECK THA SHIZ!!!!! ok pics not too good :) ill get some in the day light tomorrow :D it actually is surprisingly quick! anyway down to buisness! no mods atm! gettin some black angel eyes for bday - just seen that they are in production rear LED Techno lights 18" alloys Full exhaust system Induction kit (k+n) bodykit Brake Upgrades Full Susp Kit Gearbox Upgrade Then hopfully this time ish next year a big engine dump!!\ its ace to drive, the engine sound ace, exhaust doesnt though :) so ill get that done first, but i have to give 700 quid to my mum first though :( oh th insurance was only an extra 9 quid :lol: for the full year! i hope this thread is as popular as the last :) P.S. could you...
Hey guys, it's been a long while since I've been on the forums. Last time I was here I asked you what direction I should take my car. You guys offered your suggestions and I've made my decisions. She's still a work in progress, but she's slowly getting closer to being done. Let me introduce my car, Project: FR-Sara. Current mod list: Jackson Racing Supercharger Setrab Oil cooler Invidia n1 exhaust Winjet headlights Valenti tail lights Enkei rpf1 18x9.5 (soon) Pics: Day 1 My first mod Her name Tail lights, tail lights on and some mountain driving Headlights put in Club sticker Lighting changes Supercharger kit in! Miscellaneous pictures
Hey guys. As promised I'm starting a thread on one of my other projects. This time it's a 1992 Mitsubishi GTO TT She is my first and most certainly not the last! As up until last week I had 5 of these, for my sins, 2 were NA auto and one of them got sold to a friend who is now discovering what an ass raping feels like good job it's only a NA! Back to J Tec. Im not sure how long i will have this car, if it has come to me for the dire TLC it was in need of to be then sold back on or if it is one that will stay in the ever growing collection of classic J-Tin. Either way, it is here with me and a step in the right direction. This long story starts back to around the last week or two of July 2015. Rob (my other half) was looking on a FB...
Ok so as you know i got rid of the 16v Corrado, got sick of it looking tatty and me not having the cash to throw at it (and not particularly wanting to!) so a few deals were done and i ended up with this beauty: She's a 1994 on an L reg. 2.9 VR6 :) Full black heated leathers. Gorgeous condition throughout. Relatively standard; lowered 40mm on koni shocks and springs 6 branch stainless steel exhaust manifold ported inlet manifold JR induction kit 1.3 mm 6 core HT leads (HUGE!) im going to be going OEM+ style with this one, its such a nice car, and lets be honest, Corrados didnt half look good from the factory! So here's all iv done so far: Swapped the JR induction kit for a K&N one added a...
So, I love my vehicle, but the Cockpit seems a little dated. I am going to upgrade and change the console to something more 2000'ish. I mean I am going to attempt to remanufacturer and update the metal, increase the room, and the like. I am also going to do a leather interior upgrade and considering the Cowhide embossed like Alligator Blue inserts for the seats... Let not forget the mention the Artificial Intelligence Head Unit with a HP VR Backpack G2 computer, as well....
trying to lose as much as poss plus around 220+ bhp,am i no hurry and keep changing my mind so hear goes. door locks have gone and door /boot rubber seals + side windows that was just over 15kg's hope to get the rear window out today should be good for 10kg's. looks like a 2.0 mondao engine is going in place of the 14. and she will be 4wheel drive, rad will be in the back . were the rear side windows was may make some air ducks/scoops to flow air to the rad and then out the rear window. doors welded up.spare tyer well will be cut out and a sheet of ally in place. may only have the 1 drivers seat to keep weight down.power steering rack can come out today that should save a bit more
hi all, my names sam, im 19, and own a 1988 mini jetblack, which i use for mini shows and trackdays, ive done hill climbing, and am planning on having a go at dragracing :P. at the moment its got a 1293cc, with a fairly lairy cam, race spec cylinder head, straight cut drop gears, twin carbs, 3.65 fd, 10row oil cooler. suspension wise, spax adjustables all round, adjustable ride height all round, heavy duty adjustable tierods, adjustable bottom arms. 12" revolution wheels, with yokohama a539 tyres. brakes are 8.4" disc, with grooved and crossdrilled discs, yellow stuff brake pads. heres a pic in an industrial estate i use to play in a pic of me playing around on test hill my ground clearence between the sump guard and...
not advertising a job just want some advice. I would like to make my Toyota corolla into a 10 second car yet still have a nice interior. I understand losing weight will most likely have to come into play and I'm not objecting to that. the most car work I have had to do to a car is change out the CV axles on a Honda Accord 1998. really have no clue as to where I need to start with this car. any and all advice is appreciated. car 2008 Toyota Corolla LE engine model is 1zz-fe 4 cylinder.
Ok guys here she is, my new ride..... 2000 VW Type 4 2.5 Transporter LWB Intercooled She has a couple of minor problems that dont affect her in any way driving wise, but unless rectfied in the near future, will do! Im on it in the next two weeks, so no exciting updates at the mo, just mechanicals. On the plus side, i paid approx £1600 LESS than market value, and the work needing doing will only cost me about £650 all in. so still almost a grand cheaper than it shoulda been after the works been done!
New Project has been going on and I hadn't been on the forum for a while so be indulgent! :P Bought a Brand spanking new Scion Frs in Juin 2015! As of this day and Mods will be updated when installed on first post: Installed Pieces Grand total spent: 2957$ ----Interior---- -LED Dome Light and Trunk Light ----Exterior---- -LED Plate Lights -Side Marker Leds Amber -Switchback Turn Signal LEDs Front -HID High/DRL Beam 6000k -HID Low Beam 6000k -Backlights turn signal MOD -Rally armor mud pads -BRZ OEM Wing -Window tint 85% back 65% side ----Suspension---- -TRD Lowering Springs -4 Wheel spacers 25MM all around ----Power---- ----Transmission---- ----Forced Induction----
Well folks, I have been threatening to do it and promised myself I wouldn't start this thread until work began. Well work has begun so let's kick things off. I have always loved the looks of both the R33 and the R34 but particularly the front end of the R334. So why not combine the two and make a Wide arch kit at the same time. Now I am going for subtle instead of an aggressive wide arch. Also the body shop company I am using believes in doing things right, so the wider front wings and rear wings will be custom made out of metal, not fiberglass. So here's what she looked like when I dropped her off to the body shop! Start of the rear end strip, remove rear bumper and lights. This is a 16 year old car but not in bad nick for it's...
I've bought another motor and here she is..... Isn't to everyones taste but I think it's brill :) It's a 1994 Peugeot 205 Mardi Gras 1.8 Turbo Diesel, yes it is the turbo and not the weedy non turbo.... What else is there to tell I hear your say.... Well... It's metallic green and It has: Electric windows, power steering, romote central locking, and thats about it.... Ooooo it does have a starter button!?!?! That rubber thing is infact the very button, and you can only start that car by using that button, turning the key to start it does nothing!
Just want to say hello, as I'm new to this forum! Some info on my Soobie: 06 SADM WRX (2.5) Engine & Driveline: Turbo back exhaust Light weight pulley STI top mount IC TurboXS "Y" hose DW 1000cc injectors Kinugawa td05 18G Open sorce tuned. KartBoy Short Shifter + bushings Group-N tranny mount Perrin After MAF tube Grimmspeed Bost control solenoide Innovate LC-1 wide band Walbro 255 fuel pump Suspension & Steering: Koni adjustable Inserts "White Line" ALK sport "White Line" Steering rack bushings Kartboy endliks JDM S204 "performance dampers" Spec-C Strut tower brace "Turn in Concepts" Fender brace Brakes: SS brake lines EBC front slotd rotors EBC YellowStuff front pads EBC RedStuff...
RECENTLY BOUGHT THIS NOVA AS A STANDARD BORING OLD 1.2 , I HAVE ALREADY STARTED WORK ON IT THOU.... I HAVE LOWERED IT BY 100MM, NICE SET OF BLACK 14 INCH RIMS, NEW UPRATED FRONT BRAKES, , NEW ANTI ROLL BAR FRM A GSI, FULL BODY RESRAY, FRONT GRILL, FRONT BUMPER FRM A NOVA SR, BACK BUMPER FRM AN SRI LOL( I LIKE TO BE DIFFRENT) IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS I AM PUTTIN A 1.6 GSI ENGINE IN IT AND STRIPPING IT OUT AND FITTING A BUCKET SEAT... TELL ME WHAT U THINK NOVAS AINT EVERYS CUP OF TEA BUT IVE ALWAYS LIKED THEM ALREDI PUT QUITE ALOT OF WORK INTO THIS BUT PLENTLY MORE TO COME.... I WILL POST MORE PICS UP WEN THE NEW GSI LUMP IS IN! :mrgreen::cool::mrgreen::cool:
spent about 1800 on the mk1 so far, but then that is since late august. next year she'll be getting a respray (not that she needs it) and a 20vT conversion, with some more engine mods. Im budgeting 5.5k next year. but the predicted stats look very nice indeed... Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 350 Weight without Driver (KG) : 968 Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 367.37 0 - 60 (Secs) : 4.21 0 - 100 (Secs) : 9.28 60 - 100 (Secs) : 5.06 Quarter Mile (Secs) : 12.46 Terminal Speed (MPH) : 115.91 Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 12.26 Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 118.07 12.3 Quarter in a mk1 convertible??? yes please! :)
well i picked this up for £80 yesterday, my initial thought was to break it for parts as the Weber carb on it is worth £120 s/h, or fix it up and sell it... well thats not happening now, i am actually amazed at how solid this car is, and how well the engine pulls. its on 116k miles and drives like a dream. TBH, id probably say it was in better condition on the whole than my old green one was when i got that! So, generally its not as bad as the last owner made out, couple of bits of paintwork damage, few dents here an there, but only a few tiny tiny rust scabs on the rear plinth. It needs new front brakes but that should be enough to put it through an MOT. :) plans with this one are simple so far... lowered, sort...
Well after a few months searching in Japan I have finally found my new work car. Main thing is that it needs to be a hatchback and ideally a wagon and I wanted something different. I had considered quite a few cars then found a special edition model that suited my purpose but was quick. Unfortunately this meant it was quite rare and took a few months to locate. But after a few months I found one at a well trusted Japanese dealer I have used before . so after a bit of negotiating I am now the owner of.......................... Well it will be here in about 8-10 weeks and hopefully it will be worth the wait as it may well be the first of this model in the UK Will post a few more pics and full spec but just for now a taster
Well I'm not sure it's really a wip but I thought I'd let you all know how things are going so far. Since buying the car just before Christmas she's had a fair bit of cash spent on her. First the Cam belts & the water pump have been changed, the cambelts are supposed to be changed at 60,000 miles or after 6 years if memory serves me right, the MG was on 55,000 when I bought & the previous owner had never had the belts changed. It's just as well I got the job done because one of the belt tensioners was found to be damaged. Also a grumbly near side front wheel bearing was replaced at the same time, but there was still a rumbling noise coming from the rear. The guys who done the cambelts said the tyres may be to blame. So today she...
Ok guys, here is my beautiful 3 stud Saxo progress thread. Got her in September for £700 with 12 months MOT, 6 months tax and 3 months warrenty. I did stickerbomb the fuel filler cap, the glovebox (I still have both) and my wing mirrors but I took them off cause they looked poor after about 3 days in the rain. Thats how she stayed until 2 weeks ago when I finally managed to spend a little bit of money on her. She was off the road for 2 weeks due to the ECU locking me out so its good to finally be able to drive her again. I managed to pick up some 3 stud alloys with Toyo Proxis for £50 on eBay, which I thought was a bargin and I think they suit the car. I have now also painted all badges and the chevrons black, got a new Sax-P...
Here's the spec list:- here is the spec about my supra toyota supra 3.0 non turbo manual import 650 clifford alarm and immobiliser full leather interoior racing streering wheel front bumex bumper veilside side skirts veilside rear sparts veilside rear spoiler digital fast & furious graphics on either side man with sword on the bonnet with logos on the rear window a twin turbo engine digital graphic all of these were done professionally 12 years protection and removable the car has been lowered 40mm 18inch deepdash rs5 alloys the size of the alloys are 9.0j on rear and 8.5j on the front 275/40/18 tyres on the rear ferral and 245/40/18 on front with goodyear backbox stainless steel exhaust 5inch tail- pipe with...

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back