ZX VOLCANE diesel

MWR

Wrench Pro
Car
v70 T5
hi guy's
looking at buying a zx volcane td for towing just wondering if anyone knows of any know common faults with these cars. obviously the engine is the 1.9 diesel that is found in the peugoet 405 306 etc.
i did own zx volcane petrol 1.9 205 gti engine it was quite a quick car but interior was weak plastic door handles that would snap faulty central locking.
also is it possible to fit a dump valve to a diesel engine and does this make any improvements to performance.
any help appreciated.

dont know anything about the car.

But yes you can fit a dump valve to a diesel BUT there is no point, there is no throttle to close so n build up in pressure. Another reason not to fit them is your looking at £300 ish for the kit and all it does is push air through it when you hit the clutch

i didn't think there would be much point on a diesel but heard one a guys 306 diesel and wondered why he had done it? probably for the noise!

The 1.9 XUDT engine is pretty robust in general.

They can't easily be tuned so you're stuck with the standard bhp and torque, although I've heard stories that you can change the wastegate opening profile mechanically (ie. bending actuator rods etc). If you do this then I imagine you'd have to change the boost/fuel compensation to make any real gains in power.

With IDI mechanical diesels this is a hit and miss affair, although I'd imagine the results are satisfying if you get it right.

I've certainly witnessed the odd ZX here and there that goes unusually well, perhaps we should do some research.

zx volcane td is a good car,the engine is very strong(models after 1997) can tuned easly to 120bhp,i have one and i very happy with this cars,look for bosch pump nad you should be fine ove 250000 miles,sorry for my english