ZT 190+ Tuned

Carl

Hi all,

Haven't been on here for a while. Since my last post I've sold my Rover 75 and bought a ZT 190+. Fantastic car but really would like to boost the power a bit more.

From what I've read it's difficult to tune with the 190. It's already been modded to a certain degree and performance parts aren't readily available.

Anybody have any option for me?

Hi Carl and welcome back. What an upgrade! Very nice. Have you had a chat with the guys at Moto-build racing? they are bound to have some options for you.

I would put on my shopping list, Suspension upgrades (konis, bilstein or tein), a sports cat and exhaust (Scorpion is a fave of mine on the Rovers but lots of others will do a good job.) Get a fast road cam, sports cotton panel air filter, FSE fuel boost valve or similar to increase the fuel pressure and this gives a snappier acceleration.

There are some other threads on here which are worth reading so have a hunt around in this section.

Thanks guys. I've a lot to look at now.

From what I've read, the 190 has upgrades from the 160, so is kind of modded as standard. They have the same engine but the 190 has different cams, ecu, bigger bore exhaust system, and a few other things I can't remember.

I was thinking of starting whith the exhaust. Want some dual exits fitted and also looking at the manifolds. Janspeed do manifolds for the ZS, same engine but smaller car. I've no idea if they fit. I got a quote for 2 exhausts, sport cat and custom SS (no mani), £700 - sounded very steep to me.

I'll have to look at fuel booost valve, not heard of those before.

The only real custom work I've done so far is upgraded the headlamps to projectors and made a fibreglass sub box to fit neatly to one side.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back