Your weekend plans

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Doing anything to or with your car this weekend?

For me it's multiple runs to the DIY stores, we're decorating.

We've found damp plaster, mould and all sorts of nasties lurking behind paper, paint and coving so we need to sort that before we even begin! Nightmare, a quick weekend job is spilling out into a week long ordeal!

Just freeing up a sticky window on the Golf, it got stuck down! All ok now. No other car work planned as had some DIY to do. Granddaughter time Sunday!

Been out hunting used wheels that will fit over Brembo calipers on the Type R .

I bit cheesed off @ sellers who are clueless as to what they have .V( had 1 guy reply that they were 18 x8 STI wheels and when I drive 3/4 of an hour get there I check the back only to find they are 17's Not happy\B :mad:

Got lucky today and got 18 x 8"s with a 45 ET and and no gutter rash and test fitting 1 to measure between the back of the spokes and my front disc it had the additional 15mm needed as I refuse to fit the 15mm spacers behind factory wheels so the 4 piston calipers will fit |B :) FYI spacers are illegal over here.

So now I will be ordering a 330 floating disc Brake upgrade and hopefully get it fitted before the next track day.

PS it's off to the alignment guru to add a wee bit of front camber (3deg) and add a bit more to the rear as app 1/2 of the tread width was being used in the corners.:)

I didn't know spacers were illegal in some regions.

They always seem like a bodge fix to me anyway.

Our DIY nightmares continue we have to get a new back door and window as it's warped and really drafty!

Obi I have questioned at length our government Transport Department boffins and it was even a flat no to spacers with hub centric rings and wheel held in place by longer studs (not bolt on spacers) so that's why I need 15mm less than stock offset to achieve the same result to be able to fit 4 piston calipers.

Have you checked your regulations as spacers may well be a no no over your way ??

Ignorance may be bliss but is no excuse.

im off to finish a job off on saturday morning, then have my best mate around for the football, few drinks and a curry.

sunday im hoping to start back the gym, got to quote another job, then get out and replace the steering wheel and gearknob on the rs turbo and remove the grab handles etc off the doors ready to repaint them as they are very tatty

Afaik - Spacers are still legal here as long as they are fitted securely with the correct length bolts.

I still see people using wobble bolts though QA nd although technically not legal I think they are lethal.