Your thoughts on misbadging a car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What do you think about putting the wrong badges on a car?

Hiding the true spec
A BMW M5 with a 520D badge?
A RS4 with an A4 badge?

Or upping the spec
A Saxo 8V with a 16v turbo on it.
A Golf with a V8 Supercharged badge?

Personally I like removing the badges which indicate power, less clutter looks better and is a deterrent to potential thieves or the jealous keyers!

Putting a higher spec badge on a car is usually reserved for the young (or older but sad) as it is all they can really afford to do.

Putting a lower spec badge on is rare, de-badging is the usual way of disguising the car's spec. Most drivers of high powered cars would rather leave you guessing than advertise that they drive a lower powered version :)

I saw a 99 T plated rover 45 parked a few months ago. Poverty spec 1.4. Crook lock fitted. Plastered in immobiliser stickers. Gear/handbrake lock device fitted. The owner was about 850 years of age. Who is he trying to kid?

I saw a 99 T plated rover 45 parked a few months ago. Poverty spec 1.4. Crook lock fitted. Plastered in immobiliser stickers. Gear/handbrake lock device fitted. The owner was about 850 years of age. Who is he trying to kid?
Sounds like my brother. 1.2 Corsa with crooklock and handbrake lock and wheel clamp! The security stuff is worth more than the value of the car.