Your thoughts on Bikers

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
The younger drivers with smaller bikes seem to have little or no road sense. I tend to relax when I see a larger sports bike as the drivers know how to drive and are good at keeping out of the way.

What are your thoughts on motorbike riders? Should they have their own lanes like bicycle lanes?

agreed
the younger kids on scooters should not be on the road
i will say not all of them are bad as i used to have a 125 but was nothing like the silly kids are nowadays

but riders of bigger bikes are better and watch out more
infact i am hoping to do my test next year and get a nice bike

I hate moped riders with a passion. They should all be banned.......

thats a little harsh there are 1 maybe 2% moped riders that can ride properly:amuse: i to despise most moped riders myself. mainly the 1's that get all the way to the front of a que at traffic lights then proceed to drive at 20mph holding up all the cars they have just passed:mad:
but i recently come across 1 on the motorway and he was a very good rider he moved over when he couldnt keep up with the flow of traffic but when the cars come to a standstill he came through and when i caught up with him again he was very curtious and again and moved over

i ride.

got a 1958 ariel square four that goes out occasionally.

I used to ride, had a decent gaggle of 'bikes, including a Vincent Black Shadow, and Vincent Grey Flash, my favourite was my Norton 650SS,also had an early 'plunger' Ariel Square four sometime in the late '50s rear cylinders used to chronically overheat. also had a horrible Sunbeam, plenty of Tiger 100's(vibro massage horrors!)and have fond memories of my 350cc Douglas 90 plus opposed twin. Never owned a Jap bike.

bikes are good, i refuse to drive 1 for saftey reasons( i wouldnt be here)

i cant stand mopeds, and another thing that annoys me are trikes, their ok but its just like a bike with stapleizers, the rider cant drive 2 wheels, which is pointless as you shouldnt be a biker

I think biker chicks are hot and by the looks of how I never seem to remember to look over my shoulder before pulling out chances are I'll meet quiet a few of them soon.

i have a jilun 125 now for the summer a harley look alike

saving me so much money in fuel compaired to the landrover and saving time as i dont have to sit in traffic

Well all that biker business sounds ok, and I do appreciate a good looking bike, marvellous pieces of engineering on such a small platform! but you would never ever get me on one! But I applaud all those who do! ;)

Hi all, interesting subject...
I ride a Kawasaki 1100 probably as often as i drive my car, and subscribe to the theory that young drivers are all the same, whether it be in a car or on a bike. The number of times I have been seriously pissed of by someone on a 125 trying to overtake at 72 miles an hour, or a 1 litre corsa revving its nuts off behind me is depressing :-( Seriously, what is it all about? wheres the victory in busting a gut to get past me when I am probably just pottering along enjoying the scenery?

its the born again bikers that are the worry.
they cant handle the bew big bikes.

That is a true fact if ever I heard one. I am not in favour for kids to be on scooters at the age of 16, having only passed a CBT. This is an easy exam to pass, so long as you have the same IQ as an boiled egg . I mean a blind spasticated, one legged monkey with leprosy and no tail can pass. So these kids are out there with NO road knowledge at all. They can then stay there for another 2 years before re-sitting there CBT, or taking there test. And when I see these boys with no motorbike jackets, gloves, boots and trousers on it makes me cringe.

Born again riders!
These are bike riders who have gone through life wanting a bike, then taking there Direct access (witch is a week long course), passing, and getting them self's a bike close to 200bhp. And when your riding something close to 200kg that is a lot of power per ton ratio!

FYI - I love bikes. I have my full bike licence, Started out on a 125 after passing my CBT, Then passed my test on a 125, so rode a 600 restricted to 33bhp for 2 years before being unleashed to ride what ever I like. Not rode in a few years not though, for one good reason. I have had too many near misses. I have got better things to do with my time then risk my life on such powerfull machines with so little pretection.

Last edited:
bikes are good, i refuse to drive 1 for saftey reasons( i wouldnt be here)

I'm with you on that one, I'd love a bike but I don't think I could trust my self on one! :lol:

The minority you see on mopeds will probably kill themselves & won't be a nuisance on larger bikes, or god forbid they'll move on to Quads! :lol:

I've got to know a few bikers in the past, I worked in a biker pub as well & the majority I knew are very level headed when it comes to riding on the road & anyone who acted like a pillock when out tended to get quickly ostracised.

Question:
If your in a queue of traffic or on a fast road for that matter & you see a bike coming behind you in your rear mirror, will you give them some space to pass, if possible, or would you make them wait?

Last edited:
bigger bikes are easier to ride now days than they used to be, I remember the old fireblades and gsxr's and even the lethal R1, they used to be properly scary bikes, I knew someone who bought a brand new fireblade back then and he was too scared to ride it!
Todays versions are smaller more nimble bikes, which are alot more forgiving, but they'll still bite your leg off and pull your arms off if you don't respect the POWERRRRR!!!!! :twisted:

Question:
If your in a queue of traffic or on a fast road for that matter & you see a bike coming behind you in your rear mirror, will you give them some space to pass, if possible, or would you make them wait?

I pull over to the left hand side as much as I can, to show that I have acknowledged them and if need be they can pass close on my right hand side. Full respect to bikes.

Sorry bigbadjoe, I realised I didn't write that question very well, it wasn't aimed at you personally :embarrest: I think Its interesting because there is quite few people I know who won't give an inch and can't give a sensible answer why other than, why should I! :lol:

Last edited:
so many people sit on the right hand side on the lane in traffic so bikes cant get past

is silly i dont ride that much through the middle of traffic if its only a few cars or you know you will get throu on the lights whats the point
but if its a good old que ya i go throu it

My thoughts on bikers mirror my thoughts of those in cars, some are good, some are verging on the criminally insane, but i would say the general concensus here seems correct, i dont always worry when i see a giant bike, often i can measure the adeptness of thier skill as i see them approach in my mirrors, many of then ride in a perfectly reasonable manner, but born again superbike owners bombing along at 190mph make me fear death, thier death.

the same cant be said for many of the younger riders around here, scooters and 125 cc monstrosities ( with the silencers removed ) weave around the road wildly, and seem to think they have the road to themselves, somtimes racing the bigger bikes. plus the lack of protective gear is shocking.they dont seem to realise that a 100 kg + bike sliding over a leg will act like an industrial meat slicing device. many of my friends are bikers, i myself hope to take my CBT somtime in the next two months, followed by the full test, but i will follow the mantra of sensible bikers - if youve got a ten quid head, get a ten quid helmet, yeah i might be laughed at for my plethora of protective gear, but ill live longer.

oh, and i always let bikers through, good ones anyway.

I have a CBT and doing my license in the coming weeks, have been hiring 125cc's to practice on and it's like some car drivers are specifically out to kill me. It seems its a case of "My van is far bigger than you, so get out the way or get knocked off". They are amazing machines but need much more respect than cars (cos if you crash its a lot more than your no claims bonus you lose!).

With regards to letting bikers past etc I have been told during training its best just to stay where you are, if he wants to pass he will at the correct opportunity. If you start moving to the left/right to let a biker through they might think you have seen something they havn't.

just my 2p.

PS. Yes biker chicks rock!

You know what, I have never (out and about and on roads, this comment does not include British Super bike meets) seen a fit lady biker. All of them have been rats! Honest, I don't know if its because I live up in Scotland, but all of them around here I have seen have been big, fat arsed, smelly sow's with more facial hair than Captain Birdseye.:amazed::amazed::amazed:

Hey Big Bad Joe, I consider myself a PRETTY FOXY CHICK since I had the gender reassignment operation...:lol:

Actually, in my experience you have probably hit upon something here - In 30 plus years of motorcycling I have probably seen less female bikers with whom I would actively tamper than I can count on all of my 11 fingers...

are a few round here but not many
have been to a few bike shows and not seen that many stunning girls there only the ones on the stands

I hate BIKERS haha

When I see them come up behide me, I move far over to the left as possible and hope they overtime me soon :p

Cus When they are behide you, your always looking to see where they are.

Young Bikers on Mopeds are Nutters, they can only do 30mph, so when your doing 25mph they sit right up your arse waiting for a chance to overtake.

It was worrying when I made a biker come off his motorbike (Wasn't 100% my fault), Dam Council changed the road markings without warning and the biker thought I was going left but cause they changed it to left or straight ahead, the Biker breaked at the last minute and skidded off the bike. With my quick thinging, blocked off two lanes on the round about untill the biker was fit enough to move himself :p

Had a group of young bikers pass me the other day due to an obstruction. Then they all sat at 30mph and wouldn't let anyone pass them! :evil:

Had a group of young bikers pass me the other day due to an obstruction. Then they all sat at 30mph and wouldn't let anyone pass them! :evil:

There is no need for that. The lad across the road from me taild me all the way home one day. He was about a foot away from my car. When we got back, all his family was outside the house as they usually are on nice days, and he got off smilling and grinning. I jumed out of my car and over the wall and grabbed him and explained his errors of his ways! Expecting a tiff with his old man I backed off and waited for a fight. His old man walked strate up to him and punched him between the eyes and sent him in!! :D

Friend of mine has a civic type r and he had a bike following him close behind on a country lane, and it wasn't like he was hanging around either, and as he went round a corner, he came up to some slow moving traffic, he was able to stop but the bike wasn't and he lost control, just missing his car, the rider was alright but his bike was a bit worse off.

It would be great to see Bikers riding their motorcycles everyday like you see learners having too while under instruction on a Sunday morning. :)
There would also be a lot fewer deaths of these very vulnerable people :sad2:

It would be great to see Bikers riding their motorcycles everyday like you see learners having too while under instruction on a Sunday morning. :)
There would also be a lot fewer deaths of these very vulnerable people :sad2:

I see loads of learner bikers round here.
There is one instructor that should be banned. He cuts traffic up and holds cars behind him so no one splits up his learners.
TBH he's a dangerous rider considering they wear ear pieces with radios so it wouldn't matter if they had a car or something inbetween them.