Your scariest moment in a car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is the most scary moment you've ever had in a car?

A bike fell off the back of the car in front of me on a motorway, I braked hard, swerved and avoided it! Then I went home and changed my underwear.

What about you, have you had any near misses or bad experiences?

About a month after passing my test I was doing 60 in a national speed limit area coming through Latchindon. However I failed to noticed the T junction at the bottom of this road. Only until the last second did I realise and slammed my brakes on skidded halfway across the T junction. It was about 11 at night nothing on the roads, lucky really.

I felt such a fool and limped it home after that.

on my way to manchester airport in the mrs rover 25 doing 70mph it started to over heat before i could pull over bang white smoke covered both lanes of the a50 when i finally pulled over the engine would not turn off the pistons came through the block.

we just managed to get to the airport and enjoyed our holiday

In a championship Forrest rally loooong :blink before modern type rallies when you had a real navigator plotting the course on army maps and driving it by reading the road/tracks mt navi was reading down the distance to a x road that appeared straight on the map and telling me to keep my foot down at app 100 mph on gravel my Super Oscars lit up a bank and I braked hard and the rear of my Datsun 1600 stepped out sideways and flicked back the other way and it turned out I could not have negotiated an offset x road better if I had known it was there and had practiced.
I put it down to 99 percent luck and the rest to my incredible wheel skills.y:amazed:

Last edited:
First time driving a car with RWD and a limited slip diff in heavy rain.. reasonable power and no traction control, put the boot into it to much exiting the corner, lit up the rares, and spun 270 degrees to end up across the road on some dudes lawn.. luckily had no fence.. was a long time ago but im still very cautious in the rain.