Your next car plans

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What are your plans for replacing your current car?

Is there a model you are hankering after and toying with but just can't make up your mind?

I'd probably get a 1.6 or 2.2 diesel Civic for reliability and economy with a bit of power in there, but I'd need a fun car as well so perhaps a Fiat 500 Abarth for the weekends. ;)

Once my time has come to end with the Mini and I am bored of it, I am tempted by a BMW 135i Coupe with the Twin Turbo inline 6.

I find it weird that people countenance a time when they will get bored with their car and sell it.

However, I guess many people find it strange that someone can have one car for nearly 40 years and not want anything else :)

As I get older my reasons for buying and selling have changed. I used to change cars regularly, some out of circumstance, some out of boredom. Nowadays I plan my purchases and look ahead a few years. I do around 20k a year so that has a bearing on what I buy and how I see it in 4-5 years time, if it lasts! My daily needs to be a good allrounder, comfy, smooth, safe, able to tow a caravan, able to accommodate 3 large dogs and be a joy to drive and be able to exit after a long commute fresh as a daisy! On current form I hope to stick with the Discovery and go for a newer model one day, funds permitting, failing that stick with the one I have as it ticks all the boxes. The fun element is the MG, had this one well over 10 years and it still makes me smile so why change it? I'll only start all over again on something else and probably cost more to 'personalise'. However I do have future plans when getting closer to retirement and it will involve an obscene car with 8 cylinders, alot of noise as I will refuse to comply and buy a Korean matchbox car and wear sandals with socks! The wife can have the car suitable for grandchildren! I'll be the one taking the boys out for a spin and educating them :D

Hehehe. (;->

I think I must be getting boring in my old age cos I quite fancy one of these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-IS-250-2-5-SE-4dr-automatic-EXCELLENT-CONDITION-/161746416446
All the toys, reverse camera and stuff.
I’ve seen these on ebay with over 200k on them and still going.
Apparantly a better exhaust and the IS-F intake gets you to about 220bhp. For wafting to work and back, 9 miles each way on a slow country road it would do me for the next 10 years – I’ll probably do about 7k a year.
The best thing is though that there are NO major issues with these cars. Yeah for instance I wouldn’t mind a nice Golf Gti DSG but the autobox will probably die and then the car’s a writeoff basically.