Your MPG vs the manufacturer MPG

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is your average MPG compared to what the manufacturers says.

I wonder if we are all around the same ball park as a percentage out.

I'm actually pretty good usually but I do tend to granny it most of the time and have serious fun at the weekends ;).
A3 35-37mpg for us with 26.2/44.8/35.3 as the official figures (ours is mostly urban driving).

I hadn't realised it was quite that clinical - looks like things have moved on a lot since the early days of the constant 56mph! Theoretically an automatic figures should be much closer than a manual.

The constant 56mph figure was a joke. In those days there were no cats to deal with so the makers fiddled with the fuelling so that at the exact rpm in top gear at 56mph it was leaned right off. Hence Cavaliers claiming 50mpg!! Not a chance. There was no testing procedure either.

At least the current testing procedure is regulated and repeatable.

Interesting thread this one! I already know that I am nowhere near the manufacturers claimed MPG :sad2: but then you don't modify your car to far inexcess of the original factory performance, then moan about fuel consumption do you! ;)

Out of curiosity, I think I will try the onboard trip computer and see what surprises lay in store :)