Your most dissapointing mod

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is the most dissapointing mod you have ever done to a car?

So many things seem like a good idea but in practice they don't always work out too well and often have major downsides.

Have you ever been caught out?

I did try to fit an screen mounted radio aerial in a Fiat 127 (this was in 1988, mind) and in running the cable around inside windscreen seal ended up with a permanent water leak.

At least there were probably enough holes in the floorpan to let out the accumulated rainfall.:D:D:D

I bought a so called Hybrid HP turbo for my car, had it fitted, drove it up the road to have it cough and splutter on me, then I found out it was a low pressure turbo and not a hybrid at all :mad:
Got the money back of the company after I drove up north to face them after being fobbed off over the phone!

Happy ending now though! :D

KW V1 Coilovers on the W8 where my worst. The ride was intolerably bouncy. I had to take the off.

Not sure about my own mods, i'll have to think about that but i'm sure the NISMO screen sticker on a Corsa i saw the other day wouldn't have returned the b.h.p. that was promised. :lol::lol:

paid an installer to put a lpg kit on my vw camper, about 150 miles later there were severe flames coming out the back, the pipe from the tank had come off and something had ignited it, luckily i noticed the flames licking the back window and could shut off the tank manually from the cab ,,,,no damage at all....