Your most disappointing purchases

A set of Pirelli tyres for the beast which was ridiculously soft on the sidewalls. Some LED replacement lamps which flashed constantly when they were switched off as they activated on the pulse from the CANBUS.

The car I own now a mondeo zetec s v6 brought to upgrade from my previous St 24.
Its not a patch on the St and has been a pain:(

A good question.........................

when it first came out I thought it looked uber cool as it was the first car with a true "retro" look.

I still think they look good and are quite nice to own if you dont drive them but truly appalling to own if you do

I've never really liked them. The retro styling is the only appealing part of it, but I really hate the models that come with CHROME WHEELS! :shock:

Im certainly not defending the cruiser but hating a car cos its got chrome wheels is a tad harsh especially when there are so many other sensible reasons for not liking it

My defence for the purchase is that I was starting an antique business dealing in art deco (1930s) and it looked the part.

I do realise now of course that the above doesnt stand up but it did seem so at the time In my defence I hadnt "discovered" the japanese car scene. (it was nearly 15 years ago)
If I had god only knows what I would have bought.

I never said I hated it as such, but I just really don't like the look of it. I find it as ugly as the Fiat Multipla.

Sorry obviously misunderstood -
"but I really hate the models that come with CHROME WHEELS! :shock:"

my mistake

" I've never really liked them. The retro styling is the only appealing part of it, but I really hate the models that come with CHROME WHEELS!"

I was mainly suggesting my hate for models that came with Chrome. I didn't mean I hated all models of the car, I just don't like them.

A 206 GTi that needed thousands spending on it as it was (unbeknownst to me at the time) falling to bits. And my current 300C simply because I miss my Focus ST massively!