Your mate shows you his new shed

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Here is a moral dilemma for you along the lines of the dreaded "does my bum look big in this" question.

A mate comes round with his new car. He's very pleased with it and it's had some mods done to it already.

You look at the car and looks like a shed that crashed through the local Halfords. Ok so perhaps it's not too bad but you get the idea that the car, the performance and the custom look is nothing to write home about.

He asks you what do you think?

How do you answer?

I tend to be polite, say little and just nod and say generic things like "I'm glad your pleased with it", "Your going to have lots of fun with that" or "that's an interesting project you have there".

If a 'mate' came round and showed me a real 'shed' I would tell him straight! Normally along the lines of "what possessed you to buy that heap of (fill in the blanks)!" or WTH is that?

I can never lie about a car, now if he brought a new 'bird' around that was best described as a face fit for radio then diplomacy would have to be used................:blink1:

Aye. If it was a car, it'd be WTH. If it was his new girlfriend I'd be the very epitome of politeness.

Then when I got him on his own it'd be "jesus son, I just hope she's dirty."

Agree with this because i'd say the same.

If a 'mate' came round and showed me a real 'shed' I would tell him straight! Normally along the lines of "what possessed you to buy that heap of (fill in the blanks)!" or WTH is that?

I can never lie about a car, now if he brought a new 'bird' around that was best described as a face fit for radio then diplomacy would have to be used................:blink1:

Alot of my mates and i are in a 24/7 slagging contest. So you would slate him any way.

But if it was a mate from down south, you would start by asking the usual questions, Price, MOT, Tax, Last service, tyre age, milage ect ect. If that added up you would congratulate him, if it didn't then I would warn them.

I have said to a lot of people up here, and been serious, that they have bought a bad car. The worst was one of them rovers that were made to look like a jag. A 600 I think it was. That was a shed and I let the guy no. It let him down so many times it wasn't funny.

Alot of my mates and i are in a 24/7 slagging contest. So you would slate him any way.

But if it was a mate from down south, you would start by asking the usual questions, Price, MOT, Tax, Last service, tyre age, milage ect ect. If that added up you would congratulate him, if it didn't then I would warn them.

I have said to a lot of people up here, and been serious, that they have bought a bad car. The worst was one of them rovers that were made to look like a jag. A 600 I think it was. That was a shed and I let the guy no. It let him down so many times it wasn't funny.

Oi watch it. :mad:;):lol:

........, now if he brought a new 'bird' around that was best described as a face fit for radio then diplomacy would have to be used................:blink1:

You might enquire politely and discreetly of him about the mechanicals and handling though. Tenacious grip is, after all, a virtue. No further comments...

Last edited:
I'm well known amongst my mates for being brutally honest, so I would just tell him what I thought. Then set about telling how to improve it (in a 'I'm right you're wrong kind of way').

If one of my car mate bought a shed we would laugh at him (seriously) cos he would do the same to us.

Plus he should know better.

Its like turning up at the pub with a pink and yellow cardigan

If one of my car mate bought a shed we would laugh at him (seriously) cos he would do the same to us.

Plus he should know better.

Its like turning up at the pub with a pink and yellow cardigan

I once played a round of golf dressed up in my pub golf gear. All the locals were having a right good laugh, untill I explained I was taking the mic out of them, as most of the kit I had on, had been seen on the golf course. Just not is such quantity!! lol :p

Pink and yello cardigan. I think I'll have to aquire one of them bad boys for my next round!! :amazed:

Tartan from a Clan to which you have no connection is a good one if you want to look a bit silly on the golf course. Especially if you can't hit the ball straight as well.