Your limits on drinking and driving

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
When it comes to drinking and then driving what are your limits?

Do you limit yourself to half a pint an hour before driving for example, what about a couple of pints in the morning and then go for an afternoon drive?

Theoretically what is the legal limit in terms of units and time, the thing is our bodies all deal with alcohol differently.

When it comes to drinking and then driving what are your limits?

Do you limit yourself to half a pint an hour before driving for example, what about a couple of pints in the morning and then go for an afternoon drive?

Theoretically what is the legal limit in terms of units and time, the thing is our bodies all deal with alcohol differently.

I never drink in the morning

No alcohol when I'm driving - EVER! and it does not bother me in the slightest, been doing this for years and it comes quite natural to me.

I'd have a pint or glass of wine if I'm having a meal out, probably over an hour and a half say, but no more and definitely none if I'm not eating.

TBH I don't know if eating makes any difference but I think time does.

You could down a pint and then drive straight away and be pushing the limit but if you drink it slowly over a good hour you'd have metabolised most of the alcohol by the end.

My reason is more simpler Guy, a longtime ago a policeman pulled me over about a mile from a pub in the country I was eating at with friends after celebrating attaining my PhD. He was clearly bitterly disappointed that the breathalyser test he subjected me too came back negative. Never touched a drop while driving since, won't give the ass**** the satisfaction.

I think it's best to leave alcohol alone if you plan to drive. However, I do not advocate a zero limit as this would bring erroneous convictions.

I just know if I had a quick half in the morning then run over a child in the afternoon I'd spend the rest of my life wondering if I could have avoided it by not drinking.

Morning after blood alcohol levels catch out quite a few people. I don't think a zero tolerance limit would work either but drivers IMO need to avoid drinking within a short period of driving.

There are lots of enjoyable non alcoholic beverages around.

Nil is always best. I am not interested in non-alcoholic beverages. I also prefer the word drinks. If the party/function/gig whatever I am going to is so bad that I need to be half blind drunk to enjoy it then I'd rather stay home anyway :)

It's not worth the risk! Even small amounts of alcohol impair your driving ability.

Tiredness is not tested or legistlated but I would bet it causes more accidents than drink driving does.

I am inclined to agree. I do think, despite my stance of drink-driving, that there should be an impairment test as well as a roadside screening test.

I never drink & drive but I do work on the car whilst drinking. I'm an amazing mechanic when I'm blind *#*#*#*# faced on grog.

I know someone who does drink & drive, they've destroyed at least 1 car & others have mysteriously kept becoming damaged, punctured tyres, damaged exhausts, damaged suspension parts, ect.

Gave up the demon drink after a bender in my late teens when I came home and went to bed and the room started spinning and ended up throwing up and dry reaching for quite a wile.