Your last bill

thexav

Pro Tuner
Staff member
Car
2002 Clio 172
How much was the last bill your car landed you with?

£330 for a major service and new set of leads and a few hoses! Not happy as I was only expecting it to be £150! Most of it was in parts though so I cant really complain and they showed me the old parts and they were really really bad. One hose had worn down so it was paper thin where it touched something in the engine bay.

250 quid for the auto box to be rebuilt
and then 50 quid the other day for a front axle on my jeep

do all the work my self so is all parts

About £50 quid for fuel.

Other than that ~£10 on some locking dust caps after the originals disappeared.

Tyres all round - £400 (June)

Pads all round £184 (June)

Discs (rear only) £110 (June)

H/brake shoes £82 - (June)

Failed crank pulley (dual mass item) £137 (June)
Belts (alt/PAS and A/C) at same time £38 (June)

Car written off on 24th JUNE!!!! :-(

I am not thrilled, to put it mildly. Fair enough, the insurance loss adjuster gave me a superb price for the car, having taken all these into consideration (along with general condition, which was A1) but I'd still spent nearly one third of the final write-of value just a couple of weeks before the RTC.

I feel for you HDi, that is a lot of money tied up in the car for it to be written off a few weeks later. If you hadn't done the brakes/tyres though things might have been a lot worse.

£450 - Cambelt and main rear bushings! :eek:

I doubt that it would have been any worse at all because I replace tyres and brakes long before they're totally knackered. The previous set of tyres, for example all had 3mm plus of tread - they were premium items, not budget ones, and the road was bone dry on crash day.

The pads would also have gone another couple of thousand miles as well.

£265, door respray and new bumper strip.

Thankfully I'm not paying!!

(its bright green and 7' long - tell me you didn't see it?!)