Your last adrenaline rush

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
When was the last time you had an adrenaline rush when driving your car?

I was taking some bends on the limit which was quite enjoyable and then the bend tightened a bit more, it took cool nerves but we stayed on the road and got round the corner!:D

What about you then? Was it overtaking, misjudging something or just a fantastic run somewhere?

My last adrenaline rush was a few hours ago-at a traffic light just turned green- when a guy in an SUV cut across my bows from my left , and made a U turn, missing me by a millimetre . I and all the cars behind me had to come to a screeching halt, I just escaped being rear ended mainly because our speeds were low!

Last adrenaline rush was last year when I took the Beast to Germany and took it to the limit of the speedo! :D

When I decided to see how fast my baby would go. Then I noticed a speed camera on the other side of the road!!!!:amazed:

I tell you what, she may accelerate fast, but my God, the breaks suck your eye balls from your head! I was doing the speed limit when I went through the camera!

Last Year just before I hit a round about :p

I was on a dual carrigeway, coming upto a round about, was doing about 60mph then the Car just died :( ..... No Steering, No Brakes, No Nothing.

I seen the Round about getting closer and closer and there wasn't much I couldn't done, I should have tryed to restart the car but I kept looking right making sure nothing was coming around haha, stop right on the round about :(

you should still have had brakes just no servo assistance. would have meant pushing like mad to get any sort of help. gently with the handbrake as well, obviously dont just yank it up

When I decided to see how fast my baby would go. Then I noticed a speed camera on the other side of the road!!!!:amazed:

I tell you what, she may accelerate fast, but my God, the breaks suck your eye balls from your head! I was doing the speed limit when I went through the camera!

I think we've all done similar. It's a good job they paint them bright yellow! :lol:

you should still have had brakes just no servo assistance. would have meant pushing like mad to get any sort of help. gently with the handbrake as well, obviously dont just yank it up

Yeah they were sort of brakes but felt like nothing, as had my foot right on the pedal hard as I cant, but still wasn't able to stop lol

I didn't use the handbrake, must of been the shock as it all happened very quick lol

I think your brake pads overheated & glazed, did you brake quite late & possibly slightly over the speed limit? ;)

haha I think you guessed it Loz haha but would that make the car just cut out?

When took her to the garge, they said it was cause of the Lamba sensor and after that was replaced didn't have that problem again but I was always wary of it and got rid of her lol ...... From that car, every car I've had has 4 brakes haha

I've might have done something similar, somewhere at some point. :embarrest:

Not sure why the engine died though it may have just been a bad case of coincidence & it chose the worst possible moment to happen. :lol:

just overtaking a truck as the lane narrowed into one (with no warning) - was sitting in the back so had a very close view of a bald truck tyre - this certainly increased the adenaline, even though wasnt driving so maybe more suitably classed as a brown trouser moment.

I was a passenger in a car this time last year and someone was trying to shoot the other passenger. No one got hit but the car had a few holes in the light of day, one which was very close to where i was sitting.....wrong place with the wrong people at the wrong time

Just had a car coming towards me sideways on ICE, thankfully I avoided a crash by reversing out of the way! I think the other driver went a bit more slowly after that.

it was a wet day, drawing silage in a tractor with a 20tonne trailer on behind, tractor took off down a hill (lost traction with the ground = sliding out of control). Nothing at the bottom of the hill but a 20ft banking and a drop into a river. jackknifed the hole plant and regretfully ended up coping the tractor on its side BUT not in the river!!! boss wasn't too happy, only broke the mirror and the flasher though so could have been allot worse.

Mine was about 2 months ago, left the MOT station with the Discovery and a pass certificate and about 8 miles later was decending down a sliproad off the A27 going about 60mph. I applied the brakes as there were a set of traffic lights at the bottom of the slip and NOTHING!!! Not easy trying to slowdown around 2250kg of Landy the arse end trying its best to overtake the front. I overran the stop line but luckily I was the only car there and the lights had just changed to red so no cars had come through yet.

Needless to say I had my Landy recovered back to said MOT station for them to rectify the bust pipe..............I did mention VOSA to them and thought I'd give them the chance to make me happy. No point in creating a scene as no-one would have gained much, I would have lost my car for weeks to VOSA.

Mine was about 2 months ago, left the MOT station with the Discovery and a pass certificate and about 8 miles later was decending down a sliproad off the A27 going about 60mph. I applied the brakes as there were a set of traffic lights at the bottom of the slip and NOTHING!!! Not easy trying to slowdown around 2250kg of Landy the arse end trying its best to overtake the front. I overran the stop line but luckily I was the only car there and the lights had just changed to red so no cars had come through yet.

Needless to say I had my Landy recovered back to said MOT station for them to rectify the bust pipe..............I did mention VOSA to them and thought I'd give them the chance to make me happy. No point in creating a scene as no-one would have gained much, I would have lost my car for weeks to VOSA.

Doesn't sound fun. Bet you didn't take your disco back for another one!

Doesn't sound fun. Bet you didn't take your disco back for another one!

Well that's a dilemma! I may well use them again as I did give them the opportunity to rectify it and they did a good enough job. Some people may have created a scene and kicked off big time but seeing I am in engineering and deal with suppliers on a daily basis you have to allow for off days and as long as they apologise and learn from it, why not?

Once a farmer family came rushing on the road at National Highway 34 on a day of November 2009. They were trying to catch their pets. I applied a sudden brake, it lost traction & then applied the hand brake...my car drifted like nuts & I was helpless on the steering wheel as it was beyond my control. Somehow the car stopped but I couldn't avoid a small collision with a milestone which ruined the side skirt...

stealth at thorpe park summer just gone

Really? I have ridden some rides in my lifetime but wouldn't put them in that category. Guess it's a case of what your thrill level is. I have ridden various rides down in Florida covering the usual including many Six Flags sites from Baltimore to Los Angeles and there were some stunning thrill rides there. X2 was one, the other was a Superman ride in Baltimore.

lol
my main phobia is heights, just can't do it, i'll climb and abseil anything but only because i trust the equipment but being flung 205ft in the air at 80mph by something that is looked after and maintained by spotty teenagers on their school holidays scares the bejesus out of me lol :lol:

Your last adrenaline rush

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When was the last time you had an adrenaline rush when driving your car?

Last time I took the stagea out