Your Knowledge is Appreciated

bax

Torque Junkie
Car
Rexton 270xdi 2005
I own a 2005 Ssangyong Rexton 270Xdi part time 4X4 , for those who arent familiar with it , it shares the same Engine and Transmission as the Mercedes ML270 , pretty much a Diesel Suv with offroad Capability.

Im looking to upgrade it for more power/Speed , it currently has some Tuning done to it :

Remapped from 165Hp 341Nm to 186HP 390Nm
K&N drop in Filter
Custom Aluminum Pipes for the intercooler
EGR Delete

Im looking for ways to improve it further but since the Vehicle is a Diesel engine and isnt quite popular its hard to find Owners possessing experience in tuning it .

Current upgrades keep a good balance between FC and Power , i have the option for another Remap that will grant me 200Hp and 450Nm but it will be at the Cost of FC , i am considering it but id like to know of more Methods to improve the performance on my Vehicle .

New Member here , i kinda got straight to the point , but im glad i found this place , it seems nice .
I hope i find what i seek here , thanks in Advance

As your from Mars buddy although I have never been there myself, I assume the terrain to be very bumpy with the odd crater or two, should you not have bought a rocket powered car instead of a diesel one? :blink:........:lol:

Thanks for the welcome xD ,To me my Rexton is all the rocket i need xD but yeah pretty tough terrain , took me a while to decide whether i want to upgrade for street or offroading , in the end i picked speed and handling over comfort and hill climbing :p

I thought i should add some Info regarding the Vehicle to perhaps give a better idea of what were dealing with
The turbo on it is a Garret GT2056S , The Engine is D27DT

okay i guess i should ask general question instead of sticking to this single engine/Turbo ....

so for a Remapped 2.7Liter diesel engine with around 200Hp and 400Nm (Original state is 165Hp and 345Nm) , originally comes with 2 Inch intercooler pipes , how much bigger can i go before lag becomes a factor ?

What about down pipes and Exhaust systems whats the Max safe size to avoid Lag and underpower at low Rpm (also Back pressure and such )....

Here are some things i found out regarding my Rexton , the Max the Engine can handle is 500Nm while the max the Gearbox can handle is 580Nm ... the max safe HP i can get from my GT2056 is 260 Hp .... ive gotta wonder how much HP will i have when im on 500Nm ?