Your kidding me right?

^^ Exactly! If that was me in a moment of madness I'm quite sure they would not only throw the book at me, but the court bench and witness stand too :(

Probably because he didn't give the police the runaround after the chase.

The suspended sentence means that any other offence at all, no matter how minor, will see him jailed.

Had he injured someone he would have been sent to prison summarily.

I do think that prison is for people who are an immediate danger to the public.

I do, however, think that the man is a bloody idiot - hopefully he will learn a lesson from this.

I also wonder sometimes, if the police perhaps push too hard? This guy is less capable as a driver than a Police UK Class One driver. Is this for the PR that the recorded chase affords them?

Soft magistrate ? we have them here where recidivist driving while suspended and uninsured multiple times offenders are given a slap on the wrist and or a small fine and told not to do it again.

HDI I fear that this person will be in the news again for all the wrong reasons given his attitude.

Soft magistrate ? we have them here where recidivist driving while suspended and uninsured multiple times offenders are given a slap on the wrist and or a small fine and told not to do it again.

HDI I fear that this person will be in the news again for all the wrong reasons given his attitude.

I am not able to predict the future.

What I have said is that the suspended sentence means that the slightest brush with the law during the suspension period will result in imprisonment.

I'm with tcj. To this idiot a suspended equals no consequences to his actions. He was already driving when he shouldnt have been so what would stop him doing it again?

I dont read ANY tabloids by the way but I do believe in personal responsibility.

First offenders usually get a suspended sentence and community service as a final warning (also to keep overcrowded prisons less so). But it's unbelievable how many don't attend community service or re offend within there suspended sentence period. So therefore end up doing prison time anyway. But the minute few do learn there lesson with the threat of prison and therefore do learn there lesson and become a integral part of society.

First offenders usually get a suspended sentence and community service as a final warning (also to keep overcrowded prisons less so). But it's unbelievable how many don't attend community service or re offend within there suspended sentence period. So therefore end up doing prison time anyway. But the minute few do learn there lesson with the threat of prison and therefore do learn there lesson and become a integral part of society.
Which is exactly my stance.

I'm all up for people who show remorse/regret!
But this fella states he only pulled over cause he was running out of petrol. So cause of this I don't think he deserved a suspended sentence. A prison sentence should have been implemented IMHO!

I am not able to predict the future.

What I have said is that the suspended sentence means that the slightest brush with the law during the suspension period will result in imprisonment.

Sadly over here most times that doesn't happen :mad:

We must be missing something here. Perhaps he is a mason or has paid off the judicial system somehow.

This makes no sense! Perhaps our prisons are full so perhaps it's now when we can get away with certain crimes with just a slap on the wrist.

OK so now I'm mad. This is not right! He's totally got away with it IMO and this is no deterrent. Why should a ban stop him driving when he clearly felt no need to get a licence anyway.