Your first car mod

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What was your first ever car modification and where did you go from there?

For me it was stickers and flashing wheel filler caps, then I moved on to induction kits and the bug took over. The next car was stripped and rebuilt engine wise, but mainly due to it keeping on breaking.

ICE.
The first car I owned needed a CD player.
The subsequent cars needed subs, tweeters, and amp. And more power.
I had a rather impressive ICE install in a MK2 Golf GTI. In total 6 speakers, 2 amps, head unit, equaliser, power cap and many metres of cable. All hidden away behind tinted windows that rattled :)

Once I started driving Imprezas I moved on to engine mods. The first one was decatted, a cold air induction system fitted and remapped to 290bhp. I had more plans but someone decided to drive into the rear and write it off :(

The current Scooby has had the same done and plans are afoot for brakes and suspension work. But other bills (house buying) always seem to top the list of priorities.

Last edited:
Back in mid 60's for me. Had a Austin Healey Sprite Mk 2 which went OK but not that fast. I purchased a Shorrock Supercharger Kit bought second hand for £40 about 2 weeks wages. It transformed the car. My brother was first to suffer my maniac driving, he mentioned it a few months back, the fastest he has ever been in a car scared him silly. Of course by my present standard it was as slow as a slug on diazapan but in those far off days it was fast. It was the start of a slippery slope

sprite_04a.jpg

No such thing ;)
Well im 71 this month & still working hard on the car. However im nearing the end & this is my last conversion. Ive had a great innings started tinkering with modified cars in the mid 60's & it feels right to let this be my last conversion. Mind you im still 6 months away from completion.

Back in 1987 we all wanted lots of lights on the front like the rally cars.

Didn't know much about electrics tho so the car would die if I switched them all on. :rofl:

When I first started a 1930's Austin 7 was the car of choice of many lads it had 6v electrics & yes they fitted loads of lights to them with much the same result as yourself. The Dynamo was about 50% efficient as an Alternator & that's all there was back then.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back