Your first car mod

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What was the first ever mod you did? We're talking first cars here, not your current car and I think it will be interesting to see where we all started.

I installed a panel filter! Woop Woop!

A K&N pancake filter on a Vauxhall Viva Bedford HA ex Gas board van ;)
I thought it sounded the business :embarrest:

I did 2 at the same time, I put an induction kit on my 306 and tweaked the diesel pump and turbo, needless to say I was running rings around my mates cars, I was well pleased with myself :)

I did 2 at the same time, I put an induction kit on my 306 and tweaked the diesel pump and turbo, needless to say I was running rings around my mates cars, I was well pleased with myself :)

Blimey! I was just understanding the difference between car shampoo and Fairy Liquid for washing my van at the time :amuse: Diesel pump and turbo adjustments :amazed: I'm impressed ;)

The year - 1972
The car - 105E Ford Anglia
The mod - Change the 997cc engine for the 1200cc option.

Sounds impressive as a first mod, but it was a straight swap and engine bays were empty in those days :)

Blimey! I was just understanding the difference between car shampoo and Fairy Liquid for washing my van at the time :amuse: Diesel pump and turbo adjustments :amazed: I'm impressed ;)

Was an easy mod that had been tried and tested many times before, I'm only 22 now and did it when I was 18, not long ago. Plus I'm a big car fan anyways so I understand all that stuff....

22? good age that! lol
i did my first mod at 17 and that was putting the gti interior into a 1.3 3 door mk2 golf! looked cool, wish i'd of kept that car! :(

Upgrading a entire brake and suspension and exhaust system in one go together with slightly silver/gunmetal mirror effect tinted windows over ten years ago on 1999 BMW 740i.
It wasn't my first car, but first one which I actually tunned....well, I paid for doing it and played a roll of a little helper ;)

I used to festoon the front of my Marinas and Cavaliers with extra lighting. I was 18 and had no idea what relays where so when I switched them all on the fuse would always blow. Then I'd stick wider tyres on but had no idea about aspect ratio so completely change the gearing and ride height.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back