Your first and latest mod

billyo

Track Warrior
What was the first mod you did on a car ever and what is the latest mod you've carried out on your car?

My first car had an induction kit fitted, and my latest mod was a remap. The remap made a massive difference to pick up and power, the induciton kit not so much!

My first mod was fluffy dice but that probably doesn't count, so it was a screw on tailpipe extension to give a large twin pipe look, jutting out from the bumper (what was I thinking.)

Latest mod was a tuning box from TDI tuning.

Way back when I had just started shaving the fluff off my face it was a loud muffler with a copper tailpipe.

Now it is a Big brake upgrade and a baffled oil pan so I guess I have wised up a little in the intervening years ;)

My first car mod was a full race spec A series engine for a mini with a straight cut gear conversion in the gearbox which rattled like a bag of nails, but shifting was swift. Incredibly fast, with 48mm DCOE Webber sitting on the dash shelf where the speedo used to be, because it was on a long gooseneck manifold. Australia back in the 70s had almost no roadworthiness rules, so you could pretty much run what you liked. My Honda S800 I owned at the same time didn't need anything as such just TLC.

Latest.... I'm picking up my Fabia Monte Carlo on Wednesday... But most likely wheels and tyres, possibly suspension and a piggy back chip.

My first car mod was $580 muffle delete back end on my 2006 Hyundia Elantra and New brakes since i first got he car the brakes were shocking you would have to plant ur foot on the brake to make it stop which was scary around town. But lately ive been looking online to find out ways to change under the hood of her.

First mod was to fill it up with 5 star instead of 2 star. Then second one was to attache the front wing of an Austin A40 back on with fibre glass resin and a KitKat wrapper as no fibre glass at the time, and it passed an mot like that. Well it was back in the mid 70's !!!

My first mod was putting a disk brake front end on a 72 monaro with my old man. 4 wheel drum brakes where a workout back in the day. Good times trying to stop as brake fade kicks in.

My first mod was putting a disk brake front end on a 72 monaro with my old man. 4 wheel drum brakes where a workout back in the day. Good times trying to stop as brake fade kicks in.
Which model Monaro? Aww they were a real buzz. I never owned one when I lived out there but worked and drove probably hundreds. I owned a Chrysler AP6 Safari, it was my pride and joy. I had a heavily worked 225 slant six with ported and polished head, balanced, triple inch and three quarter SU carbs, tuned headers and twin plate clutch conversion. I tried a couple of auto boxes behind her but kept destroying the guts. The twin plate was a last resort with velvatouch racing linings, just struggled with the massive torque it generated. Oh such fun...... 1974/5/6.....

What was the first mod you did on a car ever and what is the latest mod you've carried out on your car?

My first car had an induction kit fitted, and my latest mod was a remap. The remap made a massive difference to pick up and power, the induciton kit not so much!
my first mod was an aftermarket radio...latest mod was reupholstering the interior

My latest, was to have the car ceramic coated along with the new wheels and tyres... Can't add a photo though.... How?

You should see an image icon at the top of your reply box, it starts B I tT and appears on the right just after the link button, or you can press CTRL+P to upload an image by dragging it over. Keep the image size small or you'll have problems.

If the image is online on a site like Photobucket or similar you can drop a link to it and the site will show the image.

The other way is to create a media gallery https://www.torquecars.com/forums/media/albums/create