Your figures vs manufacturers

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How close to the manufacturers figures do you get for MPG, and 0-60 times and is your bhp if you know it close to that claimed?

before map

mpg - i get combined but through more rural driving wouldnt see it in a city
0-60 - dunno never really tried
bhp - i remember diagnostics showing 182bhp, supposed to get 180

after map

mpg - slightly lower now the engine is running better, then again that could be the right foot
0-60 still dont know but with more torque id hope i beat the standard times
bhp - 205 at the last time i checked it out, but it did have a dodgy coilpack ad not rerun it since

In general, I find it almost impossible to match the manufacturer's claims on mileage and acceleration.

I found out the reason - many use pro race drivers for their acceleration tests (and the tests are done in perfect conditions).

Standard figures were reasonably close but since the remap my MPG has improved as the afr was out. I can't tell what the stock bhp reading was before the map (175 est) as the subtle mods were 'learnt' by the ecu and read 191bhp before the map. Acceleration has improved from standard 7.5 secs with around a one second improvement, but might be more as I have shaved off a few kilos.

I had a go at 0-60 and managed a reliable 8.1 a few times going back and forth along the same road. I have previously checked the speedometer and it's surprisingly accurate. An indicated 60 is 59.6 true.

I think BMW is quite conservative (like VAG is) and tests cars with a full tank, driver and a passenger on board and goes to 62mph (which is 100kmh exactly).

They state 8.5 for my car so I can only draw the conclusion that my car is working correctly. Not blisteringly fast by anyone's standards but for a large and heavy saloon with 6spd automatic transmission (heavier still) it is quite usable for everyday driving.

Last edited:
Audi claim 20mpg... I manage 16.7mpg. Audi claim 414bhp & 430Nm stock... I made 377bhp & 482Nm... go figure. This is very common for RS4/R8's though. Following remap and exhaust now making 403bhp & 545Nm. Fuel economy hasn't changed... it's still crap! :p

To be honest, I just wish the fuel tank was bigger sometimes. 63L @ 16.x MPG is only just over 200 miles and it does get annoying.

Mine has 82 litre tank which would help you along a bit. Just make sure you never run it empty and never completely fill it. That way the cost per litre doesn't feel quite so punishing. :-(