Your favourite classic car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Post up your favourite classic car? I wonder if any of us have the same tastes?

Choose a car which you still drool over and would love to own. It must be over 20 years old to count as a classic for the purpose of this thread.

Larry_Chen_Speedhunters_930_turbo_porsche-1-1200x750.jpg

Porsche 911 Turbo for me!

not sure I would choose a 911 but if you must surely it must be the 1973 RS

My choice (no surprise ) for a 20 year old is a GTR - When standard not much to touch the N1 version . ) only 228 were made and the v spec II cars have already reached the stratosphere

Id also say choose a much older car as well (60s/70s )as I dont think you can compare cars twenty years apart - then definately the E type

Very very difficult Waynne, there are so many to choose. I suppose unobtainable, a Ferrari F40 in Compotizione spec. Even today it looks special and exciting.
Classics I've owned then it was close but my 1995 (so just over 20yr old) R33 GTR VSPEC looked, sounded and drove awesome. I can still hear that engine note and turbos whistling away.
Attainable classic I might be able to own then I might go odd ball a bit here, but purely with a budget in mind, Alfa 75 V6 in Cloverleaf spec with a Veloce bodykit. I've driven one and again that engine is a classic sound that excites every time I've been in one.
Now I've said all that I'll probably change my mind when I hit enter but let's go with them for now:)

Now Alfa knew how to build a nice engine bay with the V6 |B|B|B

Not like the turtle shell covers over so many these days \B\B\B

Very very difficult Waynne, there are so many to choose. I suppose unobtainable, a Ferrari F40 in Compotizione spec. Even today it looks special and exciting.
Classics I've owned then it was close but my 1995 (so just over 20yr old) R33 GTR VSPEC looked, sounded and drove awesome. I can still hear that engine note and turbos whistling away.
Attainable classic I might be able to own then I might go odd ball a bit here, but purely with a budget in mind, Alfa 75 V6 in Cloverleaf spec with a Veloce bodykit. I've driven one and again that engine is a classic sound that excites every time I've been in one.
Now I've said all that I'll probably change my mind when I hit enter but let's go with them for now:)
Every racing game I played I went for the F40 each time. It was like an F1 car for the road. Totally mental. I salute that choice.

MK1 Golf GTi Cabriolet Karmann
Love 'em. Want one.

This particular image is a 1989-90 model.
golf_white_T_Antoniou.jpg

They aren't going to win races or awards, but there's something about the classic sharp lines of the 70's Golf with a little late 80's refinement (the following years saw the soft top model move to the MK3 shape - hideous).

I post 2 cars. One is a 1946 Jaguar the most beautiful saloon car ever built. The other the first & greatest supercar the Mercedes gull wing.
jag2.jpg jaguar.png

MK1 Golf GTi Cabriolet Karmann
Love 'em. Want one.

This particular image is a 1989-90 model.
golf_white_T_Antoniou.jpg

They aren't going to win races or awards, but there's something about the classic sharp lines of the 70's Golf with a little late 80's refinement (the following years saw the soft top model move to the MK3 shape - hideous).
They were also fun to drive, the 16v engines were awesome but the 8v seemed to improve with age and mileage!

What about some of those awesome 80's cars? The Renault 5 turbo, the XR2i and the legendary Cosworth's?

Does the RS200 count as a classic? That is one serious piece of car. They fetch silly money now and I just wish I'd picked one up when Ford were throwing them out!

well there are just so many classic cars that id love to own be it supercars/hot hatches etc

but if i had a choice of a few it would be

ferrari f40
sierra rs 500 cosworth
renault 5 turbo 2
lancia delta integrale evo

i hope this is ok but i started a group over on facebook a bit ago called retro turbo owners uk, i thought you guys interested in this thread might enjoy it as its anything turbocharged 1996 and before.
we have some great members and some ultra rare cars on there as recent as last night we got a mazda 323 4x4 turbo which there are only 12 left in the country.

please feel free to come and join us on the link below :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/550033891840083/

i hope this is ok but i started a group over on facebook a bit ago called retro turbo owners uk, i thought you guys interested in this thread might enjoy it as its anything turbocharged 1996 and before.
we have some great members and some ultra rare cars on there as recent as last night we got a mazda 323 4x4 turbo which there are only 12 left in the country.

please feel free to come and join us on the link below :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/550033891840083/

Joined. I haven't any qualifying cars at the moment but I can give my experience from the many Turbo cars I've had over the years

E-TYPE JAG MK1 . As Enzo said. " only one thing wrong with the E-type, although its the most beautiful design in the world , it hasn't got a Ferrari badge on it ", & he was the man with an eye for classic lines.

I tried to join but its a closed group. The stagea is a couple of months too young but the GTR qualifies .